• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Probably the best GoT meme  

Post it in r/freefolk, pussy.

First comment is pretty much exactly what everyone here has been telling you for 40+ pages and you were incapable of understanding originally:   You don't seem to really understand the most

16 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

"online fandom"

rottentomatoes scores

last of the starks - 58%

the bells - 48%

the iron throne - 49%

season 8 - 58%

:hest:

Social media mobs spread the word about clowning GoT through retarded petitions to the mainstream media and guess who reviews these shows? 

This is the last time I'm trusting the internet consensus websites unless they clean up the useless blog bloat. Try to read a single negative review of any of those episodes and tell me a professional wrote any of them.

RT is becoming a joke. Avengers was terrible fan service BS with a forced time travel gimmick. Game of Thrones raised a giant middle finger to fan service and I applaud that shit

Edited by Vini
14 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

I don't understand why they couldn't just make it 10 episodes long this season. 

best guesses are d&d wanted to get it over with so they could focus on their new star wars project(s).

basically another case of disney not letting you have nice things.

Just now, Quad Damage said:

best guesses are d&d wanted to get it over with so they could focus on their new star wars project(s).

This isn't your best guess it's a baseless rumor spread through social media like a meme

D&D laid out plans for S7-8 back in early 2016. Back when The Force Awakens was still in theaters. What are the chances that Disney already secretly gave these guys a green light to make a whole new trilogy back then? Highly unlikely. 

2 minutes ago, Vini said:

This isn't your best guess it's a baseless rumor spread through social media like a meme

D&D laid out plans for S7-8 back in early 2016. Back when The Force Awakens was still in theaters. What are the chances that Disney already secretly gave these guys a green light to make a whole new trilogy back then? Highly unlikely. 

i didnt say it MY best guess :mjpls:

34 minutes ago, Vini said:

Social media mobs spread the word about clowning GoT through retarded petitions to the mainstream media and guess who reviews these shows? 

This is the last time I'm trusting the internet consensus websites unless they clean up the useless blog bloat. Try to read a single negative review of any of those episodes and tell me a professional wrote any of them.

RT is becoming a joke. Avengers was terrible fan service BS with a forced time travel gimmick. Game of Thrones raised a giant middle finger to fan service and I applaud that shit

RT is becoming a joke because of shills and agendas that BOOST scores/percentages aka false positives.

consistent false negatives for whats otherwise been a media darling franchise? highly unlikely. :mjpls:

Edited by Quad Damage
6 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

RT is becoming a joke because of shills and agendas that BOOST scores/percentages aka false positives.

consistent false negatives for whats otherwise been a media darling franchise? highly unlikely. :mjpls:

Not when the negative fanboy word of mouth is that strong. You can dislike the last 2 episodes but if you think they're 50% bad you're out of your mind. 

9 hours ago, Vini said:

Not when the negative fanboy word of mouth is that strong. You can dislike the last 2 episodes but if you think they're 50% bad you're out of your mind. 

50% doesnt mean 5.0/10, it means half of critics thought it was at least passable, half didnt.

in any case, thinking negative fanboy word of mouth via social media, petitions etc negatively affected legitimate reviews is a REACH.

the media hates and is downright HOSTILE to "toxic fandoms." all ive seen is the media straight up trash that remake petition and calling anyone that signs it a moron. if anything it makes them want to stick it to fanboys by giving better than expected reviews. look at ghostbusters 2016, captain marvel, last jedi, etc.

all the negative word of mouth should have also lowered expectations, another thing that should have worked in GOT's favor.

the fact that it got the reviews it did despite lowered expectations, and bias critics have FOR the show, suggests the issues are real breh.

Edited by Quad Damage

I don't think this season was bad but I don't think it was good either. I have more of a "Ehh, whatever" feeling about it.

That might be because I'm a bit more understanding of the circumstances than most people are willing to be. I can see what the show was aiming to do but they just didn't give themselves the amount of time needed to execute it properly. 

The thing that bothered me the most about the entire series was how it continually narrowed its focus, less and less side characters, less and less good dialogue. The intrigue was somewhat lost after seasons 6. 

35 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

The thing that bothered me the most about the entire series was how it continually narrowed its focus, less and less side characters, less and less good dialogue. The intrigue was somewhat lost after seasons 6. 

right when they ran out of book material

LOL Vini now wants to re-open the thread after he feels the urge to make more stupid excuses fore GoT's utter failure.

43 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

That's why the Season 8 "haters" are not really hating, they're pointing out the obvious.

The small details, the good dialogue that has multiple layers was possible because they had the book to reference.

Once they ran out of book material, they tried to rely on big-time action scenes to get them through.

D&D have so much to lose if they keep the original tv show going and it keeps on getting trashed. They also could probably strike bigger pay-days by pitching new series (which means new contracts). So they wrapped it up.