Final Fantasy VII Remake "leaked" information

Take all of this with a grain of salt, of course.

***** Game is two parts (each part costing $59.99). Part 1 ends with the death of Aerith.

***** Different weapons have different triangle heavy hits (does not cost an ATB charge). You use these heavy hits after a string of regular hits. Regular hits are chip damage and the main damage will be from heavy combo finishers and the of course the massive limit breaks.

***** Magic costs both MP and an ATB bar. You gain more ATB bars as you progress.

***** Weapons will be modeled and visible on the characters. Materia will also be shown inside the weapons. Accessories and Armor will not be visible on characters.

***** Summons work the same as the original (summoning them triggers a cutscene where they do their attack then leave). They won't fight with you on the field. A new Wolf summon has been added.

***** Over-world map is almost seamless. There are some “zones.” There will be roads and methods of transportation. It is open world. Vehicles like the Tiny Bronco work almost exactly the same only being able to go in lighter water. There will be items available occasionally on the field. Chocobos will of course be obtainable after the farm.

They have really made an effort to make each town feel lived in, and feel like there is a reason why each place is like the way it is. Each town is very unique from the last. Cosmo Canyon and its occasional dust storms are a stark contract to the streets of Midgar. Upper Junon feels very much more like a military installation than Midgar as well.

***** Shinra-HQ will have less floors but there will be more to do on each floor.

***** Golden Saucer will have limited mini-games but more will be added as you progress through the game.

***** Sephiroth is very limited in what is shown of him until the Kalm flashback. Before this you only hear his voice or see glimpses of him during Clouds breakdowns.

***** Monster redesigns for a lot of the enemies but most will remain recognizable. Some do not make an appearance. For example, there were no ghost enemies in the train yard.

***** The design for Tifa is also true to the original outfit, her face appears to be mostly similar to her Advent Children design but slightly more western. Materia also shows up on her gloves.

***** Cait Sith seems to be pronounced "Ket" Sith but has undergone no major design overhaul. His fighting style is more close up, and does have his BARS for a LIMIT BREAK.

***** Cid does not appear to be smoking but you see evidence that he does. He is clearly upset with Shera but toned down the aggressiveness as they felt it was unnecessary.

***** Yuffie and Vincent are no longer optional. You can miss them up until a certain point where they then become mandatory to get. You automatically get Yuffie if you have not gotten her before Rocket Town for example.

***** Cloud will have a dress and wig in one particular scene. But its fade to black getting in/out of it.

***** Will be a playable demo at E3 and this demo will be available to download on PS4 later.

Game being two parts each costing 60 bucks isn't bad at all. This is probably the best case scenario TBH, I was really concerned they were going to go nuts with the Episodic route. Hopefully this turns out true.

Combat system kind of sounds like a combination of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy XIII. Don't care for Kingdom Hearts combat but FF XIII's combat system is pretty good.

Not quite sure what they mean by "zones" when it comes to the overworld. My initial thought is something like FF XII.

The Golden Saucer bit sounds like it's exactly how it was in the original. Although I can't shake a feeling we might be getting Golden Saucer DLC.

Again though, this could all just be bullshit so don't take any of it too seriously.

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

>one game

>"2 parts is exactly how many I wanted"

>"2 parts is great if true"

>"$59.99 each"

dafuq is wrong with you idiots :cosby2:

it makes perfect sense but you wouldn't know because you never played it, so... :shrug:

on topic: sounds ok. since vincent and yuffie won't be optional I hope they don't fuck up their introduction.

The riddle in the mansion to get to vincent and yuffie stealing your materia and hunting her in wutai to get it all back was a nice change. 

my brother didn't believe me back then when I told him some ninja girl stole all my shit after a random encounter. :D 

also the cut after sephiroth kills aerith is actually pretty cool. 

hope its all true

except ket sith. lol please no 

Edited by kaz

>one game

>"$59.99 each"

We've known since the game was announced that it was going to be released in parts. The only question was how many parts. If two is true then I'm completely fine with that, I was expecting it to be worse. Much worse.

>one game

>"$59.99 each"

The remake was always going to be more than a single part.  We've known that since the beginning.  2 parts is great because it's not MANY short parts, like people speculated, and it's also great because releasing in 2 parts allows them to flesh out the game story and characters more than they would/could if it was a single game.

Does that make sense dummy?

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

>one game

>"$59.99 each"

it was always going to be multiple parts, im not sure why you're acting like this is news. It was just a matter of how many parts it would be, and less is definitely more in this case. SE could have easily gotten away with breaking it into 3 or 4 parts with each one being $60 so at least this is an improvement on that.

Just now, Twinblade said:

it was always going to be multiple parts, im not sure why you're acting like this is news. It was just a matter of how many parts it would be, and less is definitely more in this case. SE could have easily gotten away with breaking it into 3 or 4 parts with each one being $60 so at least this is an improvement on that.

Or they could just release a full game and if not like a normal person you people could tell them to fuck off.