You won't be able to play Mario Maker 2 online with friends

2 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

So randoms only? :rofls:

You couldn't play together in the first one either. 

You can still give your level codes to friends and they can play your levels. This is just online co-op which would kind of suck anyway.  

4 hours ago, Casual said:

ohhhh... No co-op with friends....but you can definitely play your friends levels online. 

At first I thought you meant you can only play random levels online and can't play your friends created content online *wipes bro*:whew:

I think the reason for this is in order for your level to be uploaded you must be able to complete it. It would be more difficult for you to test your own level in co-op if you don't have someone else there to test it with you. 

10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How can they charge for online and not have basic features that everyone else has had for years....just baffling.

yeah, smooth jams and i would play lbp co-op back in 2009. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Seems like a missed opportunity.

Hugely...

and it's extra disappointing because people are fucking paying to play online now..  Nintendo pretty much needs MS at this point to give them full Xbox live integration and they simply use that instead of doing their own garbage.

• 2 weeks later...

I still don’t get how Nintendo are still so backwards as fuck when it comes to online

90% of the shit they make has a multiplayer focus. You’d think they’d go in hard on online.  Maybe they are worried they’ll sell less peripherals