So yeah, Witcher 3 lmfao

IT IS SO AWESOME!

YES, I used to bash this game for the weird combat but 4 years later, I re-downloaded it and got hooked!

I was playing the game wrong.

Suddenly, the game doesn't feel so hard anymore.

Playing it on Blood&Broken Bones.

I think I was playing the game wrong, mashing on the attack button.

Now I take my time, play defensively and most importantly prepare before combat with some bestiary reading and applying the right oils.

Combat still feels a bit weird but at least I understand how it works and the limitations of Geralt.

So you're saying if you play the game with the buffs (oils) and don't button mash like a 4 yr old in Street Fighter it becomes a more enjoyable game? :mjpls:

• Haha 1

Yeah, upgrading the oils and trying to find the best weapons and armor and using the Witcher powers effectively during a fight does help alot. Also knowing the specific patterns of that particular enemy will help you plan your attack and prevent you from panicking when your powers are recharging mid-battle.

Now, if you start poking around and come across monsters that several levels ahead of you, they'll still fuck you up quick.

The magic circle that you make on the ground that prevents the monster from using their spells, that's an important one to start getting used to and upgrading that skills. You're gonna need that to really damage Elemental monsters .

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, upgrading the oils and trying to find the best weapons and armor and using the Witcher powers effectively during a fight does help alot. Also knowing the specific patterns of that particular enemy will help you plan your attack and prevent you from panicking when your powers are recharging mid-battle.

Now, if you start poking around and come across monsters that several levels ahead of you, they'll still fuck you up quick.

The magic circle that you make on the ground that prevents the monster from using their spells, that's an important one to start getting used to and upgrading that skills. You're gonna need that to really damage Elemental monsters .

Yrden?

I've only used Yrden for trapping wraiths and that noonwraith for that mission in White Orchard.

I am focusing on a signs build but I am focusing on Quen.

2 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

IT IS SO AWESOME!

YES, I used to bash this game for the weird combat but 4 years later, I re-downloaded it and got hooked!

I was playing the game wrong.

Suddenly, the game doesn't feel so hard anymore.

Playing it on Blood&Broken Bones.

I think I was playing the game wrong, mashing on the attack button.

Now I take my time, play defensively and most importantly prepare before combat with some bestiary reading and applying the right oils.

Combat still feels a bit weird but at least I understand how it works and the limitations of Geralt.

I agree with this. Also I switched to alternate movement mode and the combat/movement became a lot more fluid 

Edited by Vini

There's probably like 1 or 2 side missions in which you have to go to a way point and a scene is going to play out, and if you don't intervene, your target that you need to save will get killed, and then you fail the mission.

There were two missions throughout the main game that I failed, one occurred along the western-most road that runs down in the Velen area. I think its a quest where a woman tells you that her husband is in trouble, and you need to get to him before some raiders kill him.

And the second one was, I believe, in one of the islands of Skellige, just outside of town there's a cave, and two soldiers who are talking about ghosts.  And you need to actively kill all the enemies before they kill the soliders who go in to fight with you.

(regarding some side quest): trust me, throw the baby in the oven. 

best game ever

Edited by kaz