Anyone here played FF13?

I just finish it for the first time. Man what a boring game this is. Character runs so fucking slow and you can't sprint. It's a chore to get from one point to another especially in the more open areas later in the game.  In the final chapters, enemies suddenly became much much harder and requires strategy. This is good but after you figured out the right strategy, you have to repeat it 10-20 times to kill them because they have very high HP. I almost fell asleep a couple times. Don't even get me started on the shitty story and how linear the overall game is. 

This could be the worst FF game I ever played. :snoop:

Edited by Pureis
1 minute ago, The Mother Fucker said:

We all played that game like 9 years ago.    FF13 sucked, and 2nd behind FFXI as worst Final Fantasy games I played.

I'm more curious who actually liked it.

i like the way the combat system works. changing paradim to fill the stagger gauge with magical attacks and then do physical combos once they are staggered, too bad they ruined it with auto-combat bullshit.

i like the music, some characters (the nigga dude with the chocobo in his afro and lightning) but yeah other than that it's really just a walking simulator. Press X :kaz: 

the archylte steppe or whatever is awful too, only stupid monster missions, not a single fucking quest whatsoever, no backtracking. press X to win.

Edited by kaz
2 minutes ago, kaz said:

i like the way the combat system works. changing paradim to fill the stagger gauge with magical attacks and then do physical combos once they are staggered, too bad they ruined it with auto-combat bullshit.

i like the music, some characters (the nigga dude with the chocobo in his afro and lightning) but yeah other than that it's really just a walking simulator. Press X :kaz: 

the archylte steppe or whatever is awful too, only stupid monster missions, not a single fucking quest whatsoever, no backtracking. press X to win.

I would like the combat if battles don’t take so long. You can’t really just press x to win though. Some enemies near the end are hard to beat especially if you don’t grind. And you need the right paradigm set ups as changing paradigms are crucial to winning the battle. My issue is some enemies take too long to kill even with the correct strategy. I have a feeling they did this to pad the game length. 

19 minutes ago, Pureis said:

I would like the combat if battles don’t take so long. You can’t really just press x to win though. Some enemies near the end are hard to beat especially if you don’t grind. And you need the right paradigm set ups as changing paradigms are crucial to winning the battle. My issue is some enemies take too long to kill even with the correct strategy. I have a feeling they did this to pad the game length. 

well that's what I said. I like the paradigm shift, but thats all you do. switch mag - stagger - switch to phy - dps - switch to healer/buff/debuff if needed, it's ruined by just mashing the X button after you switch the paradigm.

they should've added a pause function or slowmo effect and let us manually choose each action. 

there are a lot of tough fights but also cheap mechanics like death spell on your main character.

the game just sucks tho, everything is dumbed down and it doesn't feel like game more like a final fantasy interactive graphics demo. press X :kaz: 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

It's a good game. Lots of political words. I never learned them sadly. 

lmfao yeah the story is a clusterfuck :kaz: 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

lmfao yeah the story is a clusterfuck :kaz: 

It's good like Shadow of Mordor when you pick up all the texts and it's got all the words on alchemy I wanted to learn.

Edited by Optimus Jim