Well, its a last-gen port. So there will probably be 4K resolution and extended draw distance, and they'll call it a day.

Sucks, of course, because we know damn well the game is probably near-complete, but they are holding it from their customers who faithfully plunked down money for an expensive console 18, and they're being told to wait another 18 months and possibly buy another console.

Ah well.:reg:

5 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

if its 4K 60fps native on Scarlett iy will be lower than that on X. 

Well I assume it's going to have some kind of ray tracing in it at 4K 60, maybe reflections or lighting and the X version would be close to the same without it at 1800p to 4K, definitely closer to 1800p, maybe even lower. 

It's kind of hard to say with a new engine, we don't have a baseline to compare to. It should be extremely optimized and built to work on these systems incredibly well from the ground up. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Well I assume it's going to have some kind of ray tracing in it at 4K 60, maybe reflections or lighting and the X version would be close to the same without it at 1800p to 4K. 

If adding Ray tracing to a last gen game only results in 4K 60fps on Scarlett, then 8K 120fps for next gen games dream is dead. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

If adding Ray tracing to a last gen game only results in 4K 60fps on Scarlett, then 8K 120fps for next gen games dream is dead. 

I think the 8K 120 stuff while not bullshit is just the computational ceiling for these systems. We'll see some stuff doing it no doubt, like I can see Ori for example being either maybe 8K or 120 FPS. 

Stuff like that. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah it would be interesting to see these systems run Breath of the Wild in 16K. 

Sorry, you seem mistaken.

Nintendo games aren't the ones coming to XBox..............its actually the other way around:jasonj:

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Sorry, you seem mistaken.

Nintendo games aren't the ones coming to XBox..............its actually the other way around:jasonj:

Nintendo sells rare to MS for 300 million.  MS turns around and puts Banjo in Smash for free :rofls:

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Nintendo sells rare to MS for 300 million.  MS turns around and puts Banjo in Smash for free :rofls:

While delaying their last-gen port to force customers to buy ANOTHER console...........after they made them buy a $500 console just 18 months ago.