Halo Infinite, cross-gen games in general and Scarlett launch

Curious what you guys think about it, how versions will differentiate from the Xbox One X releases, how the games will be handled in terms of release.

These are my thoughts on it and I'll use Infinite as an example, this is what I can see happening with Microsoft's games going into next-gen. 

• Scarlett: Native 4K 60 FPS with Ray Tracing, or some instances 120 FPS without
  • Scorpio: Dynamic 1800p-4K 60 FPS (a few things tuned down a bit)
  • Games will be double branded and if not they will still work in either with compatibility notations
  • Infinite will be a day one digital pack-in game with Scarlett 

Maybe something like this, and the Scarlett version would be Scarlett branded with the compatibility notice that it's Xbox One compatible. 

48047367707_ae6d3bb689_o.jpg

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this somewhere and literally laughed out loud. Xbox first party sucks this gen no doubt.

I said this ages ago on Sidescrollers. I think MS will unify the Xbox devices under a single name for marketing.. that being simply XBOX, and for cross gen games will push a single retail pack

He is BEYOND delusional   

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

anyway, I don't like this idea. They should be making exclusives to push their next box.

Right now, if you have a one X, why would you upgrade next gen? You'd be better off keeping your one X and getting a PS5

Well I think the logic is more or less that you're still buying the game, you're still in their ecosystem and pumping money into their revenue stream. There will obviously be incentives to buy it on Scarlett but this gives people time to adopt, you don't have to plunk down $500 day one, you can do it 6 months down the road and still get to experience games like this. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Keep this one on topic guys. There's a legitimate question and an attempt at discussion here. Talk about Halo Infinite and how it may appear across the systems or just ignore the thread. 

the original thread already had discussion about the game relating to his question. 

There was no need for him to make 4 exact threads just because hr doesn't like his own logic biting him in the Ass. 

Edited by Goukosan
9 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Same as always, without having to buy the same game twice. Halo wont be a pack in. They will just give you 3 months of gamepass.

I think packing it in would be a brilliant strategy to kick things off, it's a system selling game at a pinnacle point when they're trying to steer people back to them. They may not do it but I think it would be worth the loss. 

Just now, Goukosan said:

the original thread already had discussion about the game relating to his question. 

There was no need for him to make 4 exact threads just doesn't like his own logic biting him in the Ass. 

There's a shit ton of SW esque trolling threads. This one he is trying to have a decent discussion plus regardless of the logic that doesn't mean every time Dyno wants to talk about Halo we need every thread derailed about it being a last gen port and it getting into that discussion. It's been done.

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

There's a shit ton of SW esque trolling threads. This one he is trying to have a decent discussion plus regardless of the logic that doesn't mean every time Dyno wants to talk about Halo we need every thread derailed about it being a last gen port and it getting into that discussion. It's been done.

The original thread already had that discussion.  The discussion was being had on his topic....go check the thread.... 

outside of that.... if he can't take some ribbing OF HIS OWN MAKING he is on the wrong board. 

Edited by Goukosan
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I think packing it in would be a brilliant strategy to kick things off, it's a system selling game at a pinnacle point when they're trying to steer people back to them. They may not do it but I think it would be worth the loss. 

It won't be a pack it at launch bro... when last have you seen a pack in at system launch? :|

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

IDK maybe. You get it with GamePass anyway but I guess a legit copy would look more appealing. There will probably be a Halo Launch edition Scarlet for 100 bucks more with the game and other shit.

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The original thread already had that discussion.  The discussion was being had on his topic....go check the thread.... 

outside of that.... if he can't take some ribbing OF HIS OWN MAKING he is on the wrong board. 

we got a tough guy ^^ lol

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

When have you seen a company trying to restore their brand more than Microsoft is and has been? Never. 

Never?  Nintendo just pulled that off with Switch.. and without a pack in at launch:tophat2:

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, they pulled the plug and tucked tail and then tried again with a new platform. 

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

When have you seen a company trying to restore their brand more than Microsoft is and has been? Never. 

and restored their brand name in the process..... are you going to Deny that the Switch is not a strong brand in the Market?