Halo Infinite, cross-gen games in general and Scarlett launch

MS 'packing in' a game now means a lot less than what it use to though. I mean, technically even if they give you a 3 month pass with every Scarlett system they are essentially packing in Halo then hoping you keep subscribed after the 3 months. Would have the same effect as packing in the game because the hope of that would be that you give the game that keeps ppl subscribed to Gold. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Saw this somewhere and literally laughed out loud. Xbox first party sucks this gen no doubt.

I said this ages ago on Sidescrollers. I think MS will unify the Xbox devices under a single name for marketing.. that being simply XBOX, and for cross gen games will push a single retail pack

He is BEYOND delusional   

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

and restored their brand name in the process..... are you going to Deny that the Switch is not a strong brand in the Market? 

It is, but they made no effort to fix their problems. They flipped off their supporting community and killed the platform, what they did was pulled a Dreamcast without going third party which justifies the action. 

They made no effort to fix problems with the Wii U, they addressed nothing, they said fuck you and released a near computational derivative of the Wii U that can be taken on the go with no means to access the Wii U games on it and instead just ported most of them. 

7 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It is, but they made no effort to fix their problems. They flipped off their supporting community and killed the platform, what they did was pulled a Dreamcast without going third party which justifies the action. 

They made no effort to fix problems with the Wii U, they addressed nothing, they said fuck you and released a near computational derivative of the Wii U that can be taken on the go with no means to access the Wii U games on it and instead just ported most of them. 

Man... you sure do live in an alternative reality :rofls:

The amount of dumb shit you spew. Jeez :monkas:

and then you get mad when people use the dumb shit you say against you. 

pro tip... stop saying dumb shit. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Man... you sure do live in an alternative reality :rofls:

The amount of dumb shit you spew. Jeez :monkas:

and then you get mad when people use the dumb shit you say against you. 

pro tip... stop saying dumb shit. 

There's not one dumb thing in those sentences. 

If Dynocrap thinks that Nintendo pulled a "Dreamcast" with the Wii U.......you can only imagine what they did to their customers selling them a $500 console just 18 months ago, not making any exclusives for it, and not really providing ANY first-party content, and then start advertising an entirely different streaming platform, and another hardware console.

And the biggest first-party project is getting pushed back (and pretty held) to the new console.

That doesn't deserve to be called "Dreamcasted"............because Sega never fucked their customers that bad with the Dreamcast.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

But wiiu sold 12 million. LOL.

Sheep didn't participate in NPD threads last gen.

did you get your threads mixed up, chief?

who's talking about NPD sales here?

Nintendo gave those 12 million Wii U buyers EXCLUSIVE GAMES............what's Microsoft's excuse?

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

did you get your threads mixed up, chief?

who's talking about NPD sales here?

Nintendo gave those 12 million Wii U buyers EXCLUSIVE GAMES............what's Microsoft's excuse?

you are retarded

38 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If Dynocrap thinks that Nintendo pulled a "Dreamcast" with the Wii U.......you can only imagine what they did to their customers selling them a $500 console just 18 months ago, not making any exclusives for it, and not really providing ANY first-party content, and then start advertising an entirely different streaming platform, and another hardware console.

And the biggest first-party project is getting pushed back (and pretty held) to the new console.

That doesn't deserve to be called "Dreamcasted"............because Sega never fucked their customers that bad with the Dreamcast.

They did pull a Dreamcast, they basically went full stop with everything and then killed the system. No course correction, no community interaction or feedback referrels, no attempt to rectify issues, no fight whatsoever, they just pulled the plug and then released a Wii U you can take on the go. 

Why would there be exclusives on the Xbox One X? No first party content?

• Battletoads
  • Crackdown 3
  • Forza Horizon 3
  • Forza Horizon 4
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Gears of War 4
  • Gears 5
  • Halo 5: Guardians
  • Halo Infinite
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection
  • Halo Wars 2
  • Killer Instinct
  • Minecraft
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisp
  • Quantum Break
  • ReCore
  • Sea of Thieves
  • State of Decay 2

These are all first party games with X support present/coming, and they've wrangled 460 other titles for the platform so far. No one is getting fucked because of streaming, it's an auxiliary service and one which also directly encompasses your existing console, and they've made it clear they will continue to support the Xbox One even with a new generation starting. 

Educate yourself.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They did pull a Dreamcast, they basically went full stop with everything and then killed the system.

Which is more than what Microsoft did with Xbox One.......they never reached "full" at any point,. before doing the stopping.

Edited by jehurey

The 120fps is a pipedream and a waste, but I think we can expect One X to be 4K@60fps and Scarlett to be 4K@60fps with extra goodies like ray tracing. Microsoft will probably double brand the game as Xbox One / Scarlett since they already confirmed it's going to launch with the console.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh the classic sheep cherry pick. 

Dude.........you're posting things like 2013, 2014 games with up-res patches as Microsoft "support" for the $500 they recommended you pay because their INITIAL $500 console wasn't powerful enough.

:tom:Your list is amazing in how sad it is..............you really spent working on that, and that was the best you could muster up?

Just now, lynux3 said:

The 120fps is a pipedream and a waste, but I think we can expect One X to be 4K@60fps and Scarlett to be 4K@60fps with extra goodies like ray tracing. Microsoft will probably double brand the game as Xbox One / Scarlett since they already confirmed it's going to launch with the console.

I think the framerate could apply to stuff like say Ori, games of that level. For the game thing do you think it will be a straight double branding or each system will have a defined case as I outlined but with notation for cross-compatibility?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I think the framerate could apply to stuff like say Ori, games of that level. For the game thing do you think it will be a straight double branding or each system will have a defined case as I outlined but with notation for cross-compatibility?

I feel like double branding would be the most cost efficient method, and as you reminded me weeks ago that Microsoft was selling Xbox 360 / Xbox One branded cases when Xbox One launched. It'll be the same game anyways just the Scarlett version will be patched with the extra bits. Microsoft seems to have established the fact that backwards compatibility is a thing with their consoles quite well so I don't think there will be any confusion.

Now that I think about it, I don't recall Microsoft talking about cross generation play? I believe when Halo Infinite launches it'll be a single disc for both Xbox One and Scarlett, but will you be able to play with Xbox One users if you're on Scarlett?

Just now, lynux3 said:

Now that I think about it, I don't recall Microsoft talking about cross generation play? I believe when Halo Infinite launches it'll be a single disc for both Xbox One and Scarlett, but will you be able to play with Xbox One users if you're on Scarlett?

I don't see why not. It would be hilarious if they push so hard for cross play but don't allow it between their own consoles.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'd naturally assume it's there.

I think it'll be there too. I haven't read all the interviews and haven't seen anyone talking about it yet. Seems like something Sony would do (not include cross gen play), but they already confirmed cross generation play. With that in mind I think we can safely say that Halo Infinite won't push Scarlett to the limits so that people can play together whether they're on the Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X or Scarlett in terms of framerates and what not.

Edited by lynux3