Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Team 2019

God damn Phil just sank a Streaming narrative - The majority of XCloud users, will be XBox owners

Recommended Posts

For the forseeable future. 

 

What happened to that 2 billion gamers. This applies to PSnow as well.

 

They're expecting the same people to use it seems, market growth in the next few years ain't happening even according to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

For the forseeable future. 

 

What happened to that 2 billion gamers. This applies to PSnow as well.

 

They're expecting the same people to use it seems, market growth in the next few years ain't happening even according to them.

Doesn't that echo the exact sentiments Sony had? He already explained this stuff.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Doesn't that echo the exact sentiments Sony had? He already explained this stuff.

 

 

Yeah it echos Sony.

 

But I'm not an XCloud sceptic, I'm a streaming as a whole sceptic. I'm not seeing the blue ocean strategy here or the immense untapped audience.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Team 2019 said:

Yeah it echos Sony.

 

But I'm not an XCloud sceptic, I'm a streaming as a whole sceptic. I'm not seeing the blue ocean strategy here or the immense untapped audience.

What I'm taking away from all of this is it's going to be a thing, it's going to be real and available and it's not meant to take over, yet. Networks have to be right, datacaps or lack of them have to be right, it has to be talked about and built up. This is no doubt the eventuality but it's going to take some serious time. Right now it's going to be an auxiliary service, that's what it and Sony's services will be. 

 

They however have the distinct advantage of an existing consumer base directly in the field they're catering to plus a shit load of games, and much larger and better relationships with 3rd parties and a bunch of their own new stuff in the pipeline.

 

Stadia doesn't have a chance in hell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm honestly not even sure who Stadia is aimed at this point, there are too many console options to bother with their Chromecast dongle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Doesn't that echo the exact sentiments Sony had? He already explained this stuff.

 

 

That girls ears are disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phil and his cronies change roadmaps every 8 months. They started out selling a TV box, doubled back to a core gamer's box and failed, transitioned into a PC companion device, and now moved onto a streaming box before closing out the gen.

 

There's no predicting where he'll go - he has zero business sense or vision whatsoever. Don't bother trying to predict his moves anymore, who really cares at the end of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Phil and his cronies change roadmaps every 8 months. They started out selling a TV box, doubled back to a core gamer's box and failed, transitioned into a PC companion device, and now moved onto a streaming box before closing out the gen.

 

There's no predicting where he'll go - he has zero business sense or vision whatsoever. Don't bother trying to predict his moves anymore, who really cares at the end of the day.

You :tom:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Team 2019 said:

Yeah it echos Sony.

 

But I'm not an XCloud sceptic, I'm a streaming as a whole sceptic. I'm not seeing the blue ocean strategy here or the immense untapped audience.

I don't think you're looking far enough into the future.  Over the course of 5-10 years things could change drastically.

 

Just like any other product or invention.  Look at Uber for instance.  One of the people from Shark Tank had the opportunity to to invest in Uber at an early stage but he didn't have faith and now look at how successful the ride service as become.

 

MS are gazing forward to the future and trying to develop something that everyone needs.  Sure, you can say things like cloud computing is stupid but it really isn't.  Everyone on the planet is connected in some way, shape or form through electronic devices.  So some companies are trying to implement cloud gaming such as Google, MS and others. 

 

What if in 5 years, cloud gaming, experience and functionality becomes an absolute must in terms of multiplayer gaming?  Something we thought we could live without but now have become dependent on due to extra functionality and ease of use?  It's like thinking of a time before cell phones.  We ask ourselves how we lived that way without portable communication equipment and software and phones and apps. 

 

So if it catches fire and MS is on the forefront what do you think that means for their future in gaming?  So they are building that up.

 

Plus they're scooping up developers and studios left, right and center.  They're gearing up for something.

 

I wonder how much money MS has invested into this project.  Anyone thinking that MS is out of the console business is sorely mistaken :D 

Edited by Spicalicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the answer is much simpler.

 

Sell xCloud to existing Xbox owners..........they'll think its "just for them."

 

Let them subscribe to it, and let them get sucked into buying their next consoles (whatever suckers are left).

 

And then Phil Spencer will frame it as:

 

"Hey guess what, Xbox fans, your GamePass ULTIMATE subscription now extends to Adtroid phones!!!'

(oh, by the way, if any non-Xbox gamers want GamePass on their Android phones, its just $10/month)

 

"Hey guess what, Xbox gans, your GamePass ULTIMATE subscription now extends to Nintendo Switch!!!"

(oh, by the way, Switch owners who have never touched an Xbox, you can get GamePass for just $10/month)

 

And Phil Spencer just keeps on patronizing Xbox owners while sliding away from that fanbase, HOPING to grow a new fanbase to supersede them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I think the answer is much simpler.

 

Sell xCloud to existing Xbox owners..........they'll think its "just for them."

 

Let them subscribe to it, and let them get sucked into buying their next consoles (whatever suckers are left).

 

And then Phil Spencer will frame it as:

 

"Hey guess what, Xbox fans, your GamePass ULTIMATE subscription now extends to Adtroid phones!!!'

(oh, by the way, if any non-Xbox gamers want GamePass on their Android phones, its just $10/month)

 

"Hey guess what, Xbox gans, your GamePass ULTIMATE subscription now extends to Nintendo Switch!!!"

(oh, by the way, Switch owners who have never touched an Xbox, you can get GamePass for just $10/month)

 

And Phil Spencer just keeps on patronizing Xbox owners while sliding away from that fanbase, HOPING to grow a new fanbase to supersede them.

Aw shut the fuck up. :D You really talk for nothing.  Trying to talk shit.. please.  I'm an Xbox fanboy.. Deal with it :D Oooh so you think I'm getting shafted by MS and you're letting me know about it? rof You're imagination is running away on you and you're pretty much the only retard on here droning on about it?  So who's right?  You or everyone else?  I'm sure in your mind it's you. :D  This idiot is a hero in his own mind.  Take your meds.

Edited by Spicalicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

Aw shut the fuck up. :D You really talk for nothing.  Trying to talk shit.. please.  I'm an Xbox fanboy.. Deal with it :D Oooh so you think I'm getting shafted by MS and you're letting me know about it? rof You're imagination is running away on you and you're pretty much the only retard on here droning on about it?  So who's right?  You or everyone else?  I'm sure in your mind it's you. :D  This idiot is a hero in his own mind.  Take your meds.

Take it easy, there, rubberdub.:whoa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This moron thinks he won something?  Honestly boys, I think most psychologists would diagnose jehuray with a narcissistic personality disorder.  Just look at his posts. :D He pretends he's trolling but we really know what's up..

Edited by Spicalicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is exactly what I predicted, but we'll see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×