Phil Spencer Live with Giantbomb

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Phil talking about my botnet theory about Sony confirmed. 

It wasn't the botnet theory you were concocting about Sony and it wasn't an outrageous idea in the first place (to use idle systems). What was beyond stupid is that you were pointing the finger at Sony for suggesting this idea as illegal and you got raped. :D Now that Phil is talking about it it's suddenly not illegal and somehow proved you right. :roll: 

Edited by lynux3
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dev kits are out to major 3rd party.  Devs talk to each other and some will without a doubt have great relationships with either or both first party dev teams or direct Sony or Ms links. Imo there is no way that Sony and MS don't know what the competitor is doing, at least at a dev kit level. What changes can be made from now till final edition I don't know though.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

dev kits are out to major 3rd party.  Devs talk to each other and some will without a doubt have great relationships with either or both first party dev teams or direct Sony or Ms links. Imo there is no way that Sony and MS don't know what the competitor is doing, at least at a dev kit level. What changes can be made from now till final edition I don't know though.

That's not even confirmed, that's still just a bunch of forum talk. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That's not even confirmed, that's still just a bunch of forum talk. 

Don't you use ZhugeEX as a reference for Xbox One unit sales?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-playstation-first-party-studios-ot4-because-were-skipping-3.88555/page-66#post-17271971

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

No, I argue against them.

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

What's not confirmed?

The above, forum talk about devkits. Like people and insiders said PS5 devkits were out in the wild last year.

I doubt either exist yet, developers are likely working with spec'd PC hardware and nothing more. 

Just now, lynux3 said:

Surely he's not talking about the dev kits being out comment.

These systems are launching in Holiday 2020......... that's just over a year away. When does he think the launch games are being developed lol EA, Activision, Ubi plus numerous other 3rd party devs have no doubt had it for a while. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The above, forum talk about devkits. Like people and insiders said PS5 devkits were out in the wild last year.

I doubt either exist yet, developers are likely working with spec'd PC hardware and nothing more. 

Spec'd PC hardware would equate to an early devkit... just like with current generation consoles.

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

"Not all of the specifics are figured out"

Their system isn't even finalized yet, if Sony has devkits out in the wild and that's actually true they are absolutely fucked if Microsoft is still building. 

We just got word from a reliable source that Microsoft has already finalized hardware and it's all be taped off. Microsoft also already has devkits out... not sure what you're talking about.

Just now, lynux3 said:

We just got word from a reliable source that Microsoft has already finalized hardware and it's all be taped off. Microsoft also already has devkits out... not sure what you're talking about.

He literally just said it.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The Xbox One and X devkits are beefed up legitimate systems, not PC's. 

What? You're confused. Every early devkit has been spec'd PCs since the dawn of time until hardware is finalized and at that point final or close to final devkits are sent out months in advance.

Edited by lynux3

How can you be this thick? There is zero doubt devkits are out. Zero. We are less than a year and a half away from launch. Even if they started development with spec'd PC, those games are well into development and no doubt have had to know exact devkit details for a while now.

Just now, lynux3 said:

What? You're confused. Every early devkits has been spec'd PCs from the dawn of time until hardware is finalized and at that point final or close to final devkits are sent out months in advance.

All of these pre-date the retail systems. These are their devkits.

xbox_dev_kits_group_1.0.jpg

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

"Not all of the specifics are figured out"

Their system isn't even finalized yet, if Sony has devkits out in the wild and that's actually true they are absolutely fucked if Microsoft is still building. 

Can't believe you think MS doesn't have devkits out in the wild :D Especially to the likes of EA, Ubi and Activision. Let alone Rockstar, Bethesda (who they always do marketing with), etc

All of these pre-date the retail systems. These are their devkits.

xbox_dev_kits_group_1.0.jpg

This is an image of actual final or close to final devkits. Not early devkits like I stated. Are you even reading?