Nintendo should buy Platinum and Grasshopper

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They seem to be fine whoring themselves out to whoever throws money their way. 

Yeah and they make the most games this way. Them signing with a first party just stops them developing some of their good stuff. Eg them being bought by Nintendo would mean no Nier Automata and them being bought by Sony/MS would mean no Bayo. No one wins.

Just now, lostfool said:

Because MS sucks and are shit and developing games.  Xbox is dead

Yeah it sure seems dead, games on the way, more developers than they've ever had, investing in gaming infrastructure all over the place, just announced their next-gen console, have as of tonight said they don't plan on Scarlett being their last....

Yep, sure sounds dead. The heat is coming son. 

Nier is Platinum's best selling game. It makes no sense for them.

Grasshopper? Maybe. But they seem to have gotten a third-party deal for Grasshopper with NMH.

If Nintendo can give Grasshopper bigger budgets they'd be well off, not like they are really capable of utilising next gen hardware or anything.

Edited by Team 2019

Platinum is the best fit for Square Enix. They own Nier their best selling game. They are making Babylon Falls. They publish on all platforms. They could always work on an FF spin off etc.

Platinum would be best off with them. On powerful hardware across PS XBox and PC. Like their old Capcom days.

This is the best non fanboy scenario.

Edited by Team 2019
8 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah it sure seems dead, games on the way, more developers than they've ever had, investing in gaming infrastructure all over the place, just announced their next-gen console, have as of tonight said they don't plan on Scarlett being their last....

Yep, sure sounds dead. The heat is coming son. 

You have been saying this for 5 years.  Where are the games?  

I don't think Platinum would do it. They started the company so they'd have more creative freedom, and Inaba said two weeks ago that Platinum's rolling out an ambitious new business plan that will finally allow them to own their IPs and self-publish. They've been working hard to get to that point and I can't see them throwing the opportunity away right when they finally get to try it.

Personally I don't want to see them stuck making Donkey Kong games like Retro. It's great that Platinum's been able to work on so may new IPs. 

39 minutes ago, Saucer said:

I don't think Platinum would do it. They started the company so they'd have more creative freedom, and Inaba said two weeks ago that Platinum's rolling out an ambitious new business plan that will finally allow them to own their IPs and self-publish. They've been working hard to get to that point and I can't see them throwing the opportunity away right when they finally get to try it.

Personally I don't want to see them stuck making Donkey Kong games like Retro. It's great that Platinum's been able to work on so may new IPs. 

Dear lord the meltdowns every time Retro ends up making Donkey Kong instead of a "real" game. Fuck that.