DOOM Eternal will support RTX Ray tracing

1 hour ago, Cookester15 said:

Thanks for nothing

It will but you won't be able to play anything . It will bring that card to its knees.  You won't be able to play any game with with rt at any playable framerate .

I tried Metro and got somewhat locked 60fps on high settings with all nvidia effects turned off and couldn't even tell a difference most times .

It was one of those oh I think I could tell moments,  but didn't know if it was better nor worse . 

Quake 2 ...yes , quake 2 I had to turn settings down to hit 60 and it's more noticable in that game but again ...nothing that amazes and not worth the performance cost .

If you want rt at 1080p 60 comfortably I'd say 2070 is minimum . Higher than that if you want higher settings .

Most overrated feature I've seen imo .

Just now, JONBpc said:

It will but you won't be able to play anything . It will bring that card to its knees.  You won't be able to play any game with with rt at any playable framerate .

I tried Metro and got somewhat locked 60fps on high settings with all nvidia effects turned off and couldn't even tell a difference most times .

It was one of those oh I think I could tell moments,  but didn't know if it was better nor worse . 

Quake 2 ...yes , quake 2 I had to turn settings down to hit 60 and it's more noticable in that game but again ...nothing that amazes and not worth the performance cost .

If you want rt at 1080p 60 comfortably I'd say 2070 is minimum . Higher than that if you want higher settings .

Most overrated feature I've seen imo .

Sounds like they should have waited a few years

3 hours ago, Cookester15 said:

Sounds like they should have waited a few years

IMO, RTX is the PhysX of this generation; if you remember when PhysX launched it was sold to us as requiring a separate PCI-E card (and of course slot) plus an exorbitant amount of money for the few titles it supported. 

However, once the hardware sales never materialized, PhysX partnered with hardware manufacturers to get their technology into the marketplace. Now we have a plethora of titles that use the PhysX system.