New Gears of War novel description explains abit more what happens between Gears 4 and Gears 5

Just in case you wanted to spend some quality time reading. Who reads Gears of War novels? :grimaceleft:

Gears.jpg

"Following Reyna Diaz’s death at the hands of the Swarm (in Gears of War 4), Kait seals her mother’s tomb and swears revenge. As she, JD, Del, Marcus, Cole, Samantha, and Baird lick their wounds and resupply, First Minister Jinn summons them to New Ephyra, promising that the “crimes” they committed will be forgiven. Before they can rejoin the Coalition, however, Jinn demands proof of their loyalty, and of the threat of the Swarm. Promised a new command, JD and Del agree. Plagued by nightmares, Kait rebels and refuses. When she discovers that two teens from her devastated village have survived, she goes rogue and strikes out to rescue them, accompanied by Marcus Fenix. Pursued by the robotic DeeBees, Kait and Marcus search for survivors. Instead they find an overwhelming force of the enemy—and an unexpected ally. Meanwhile JD and Del lead a mission to locate the Swarm, only to be cut off from New Ephyra. Trapped and surrounded, they’re on their own. Picking up where Gears of War 4 left off, GEARS OF WAR: ASCENDANCE is the official, action-packed bridge between that game and Gears 5."

Edited by Team 2019
3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You'd think they would have learned that lesson from Halo 5...  Don't develop games assuming that players have read, or will read novels that are meant to bridge the gap :shake: 

How about FFXV you needed to watch he CGI movie and the anime. Like fuck you it's a FF game, it has to tell a.story. :D

3 hours ago, Remij_ said:

You'd think they would have learned that lesson from Halo 5...  Don't develop games assuming that players have read, or will read novels that are meant to bridge the gap :shake: 

They'll recap, didn't you notice that character reveal video from a few days ago is infact when they're still much younger?

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

They'll recap, didn't you notice that character reveal video from a few days ago is infact when they're still much younger?

Gears story lmao teh resonator bomb and cold train. Who gives a shit. They got to nail the gameplay and pacing. Story literally matters less than even RE4.

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not worried about it.  And I noticed that.

Still though... these novels bridging gaps and shit isn't good.  All I'm saying is I hope they don't fuck up like Halo 5 did and assume that people are going to read that shit. :shrug: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'm not worried about it.  And I noticed that.

Still though... these novels bridging gaps and shit isn't good.  All I'm saying is I hope they don't fuck up like Halo 5 did and assume that people are going to read that shit. :shrug: 

I doubt it, it's probably just a deeper dive.