What is your most memorable gaming moment?

It had to be when Halo 2 leaked, I had a modded Xbox at the time and it leaked an entire month early day and date on my 17th birthday. I remember playing it and it was an utterly unique experience because it was a French build of the game, with all the dialog added in 2 over CE the French added a bit of flair and made the Covenant speeches and dialog seem more alien, thankfully it had subtitles. 

It's a nice feeling to know that I played and beat Halo 2 literally an entire month before 99.999999% of people who were eagerly waiting to get their hands on it.

:whew:

MK2. Mortal Monday, or whatever day it was. My parents  let me stay home from school and my best friend came over to play MK2, on genesis. We were not happy with it , lol

one of the many

Getting FF7 and playing it all weekend with my best friend.  He didn't have a Playstation, but after playing FF7 it was the next thing he bought lol.

Other than that, probably seeing and playing Mario 64 for the first time.  My mind was blown.

Saving up to buy a PC and then Half-Life (which I had already studied from PC gamer magazines) installing it, and then being blown away once facility goes all haywire, and the next 12 hours spent crawling my way through the facility. Seeing the grunts and being shocked when they started shooting the scientists, then being in awe as the Xen Aliens and Grunts would fight it out over half a dozen sections in the game.

Hell even as frustrating as Xen was, I loved the aesthetics, and platforming involved in that section. I still pick up Black Mesa and run through it every so often just for the nostalgia :dreamy:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Getting FF7 and playing it all weekend with my best friend.  He didn't have a Playstation, but after playing FF7 it was the next thing he bought lol.

Other than that, probably seeing and playing Mario 64 for the first time.  My mind was blown.

I have a pretty strong memory tied to Super Mario 64 too. My friend had rented one of those early access Nintendo 64's from Blockbuster where you could take the console home as a rental and play even before it had released. We were literally on the last Bowser about to beat the game and my dad came to pick me up and wouldn't let me finish the game. Like it was one of those "No you can't have another 5 minutes, we're leaving NOW" type of moments.

:monkas:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I have a pretty strong memory tied to Super Mario 64 too. My friend had rented one of those early access Nintendo 64's from Blockbuster where you could take the console home as a rental and play even before it had released. We were literally on the last Bowser about to beat the game and my dad came to pick me up and wouldn't let me finish the game. Like it was one of those "No you can't have another 5 minutes, we're leaving NOW" type of moments.

:monkas:

Been there... but never at the very last boss of a game :D 

That's rough :( 

Oh I remember something else with the Nintendo 64, I was playing Starfox 64 and I had not saved the game. I made it to Planet X or whatever it was, there was a bouncy ball in my room and I chucked it, it bounced off of two walls and came back and hit dead center on the reset button of my N64 completely wiping the game and putting me back at the beginning.

:tom:

halo 2 on my modded xbox as well. and I played it 2 months before 99999% of all the noobs played it. i was legit the first dude who finished the game

also french with french dressing and cheese, thankfully i can speak french

Edited by kaz
9 minutes ago, kaz said:

halo 2 on my modded xbox as well. and I played it 2 months before 99999% of all the noobs played it. i was legit the first dude who finished the game

also french with french dressing and cheese, thankfully i can speak french

Shut the fuck up :kaz:

1 hour ago, Boss said:

When Ludwig begins his second form

did the second form make him deaf?

Edited by kaz