My impressions of a handful of games shown at e3

cyberpunk - cant get hyped for this as much i try. writing, art, and gameplay all leave something to be desired. a cg trailer after a 45 minute gameplay demo last year is also suspect. and the keanu freakouts/memes are cringey af

outer worlds - cant decide if this is the ugliest pretty game or prettiest ugly game, the art style is just something neither i nor the game itself can grab hold of. and the animations and jank on display here looks straight gamebryo. obsidians history with respect to gameplay and stability probably doesnt bode well. itll be interesting to see which game delivers between this and cyberpunk, given the chasm in budget.

star wars fallen order - theres a solid pedigree here so maybe theyre holding back all the good stuff, but just judging the gameplay demo it looks like uncharted except without the craft, polish, or excitement - so basically your standard uncharted clone. will probably be mind-blowing though for xbox-only owners or people otherwise without access to quality single player campaigns. speaking of xbox owners..

halo infinite - as i predicted, no way ms would release this exclusively for xbox one/pc when they could hold release back zelda style and launch as a crossgen/quasi-launch game for their next platform. as ive been saying for literally years, once it was established that xbox one was a lost cause, it was effectively a lame duck console that would never exclusively get any cool/worthwhile shit ms is working on. buying an xbox one x instead of waiting for the next xbox was, quite simply, a mistake.

ori and will of wisps - delayed to 2020? :hest:

On 2017-12-28 at 1:19 PM, DynamiteCop! said:

Um, Sea of Thieves has a solid release date, Crackdown 3 is Spring and I'm pretty sure State of Decay 2, The Last Night and Ori and the Will of the Wisps are all slated 2018 plus anything else not presently announced.

Bit of a hyperbolic doomsday article.

i didn't know of this keanu reveal like days later and i don't care about him (haven't seen any of it). cyberpunk looks amazing

as for outer worlds i'm sure it will be the same quality as new vegas was. if you don't like the setting i can assure you the writing will be top notch. 

you should be the first person on my ignore list for these blasphemous words