Halo Infinite is the most anticipated shooter according to an IGN poll

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Well CoD has fallen even harder then I guess?  Because wasn't it CoD that killed Halo?

IMO it's crazy that Halo and even Borderlands is far above CoD.  How do you explain that?

You serious? If it wasn't for COD looking better than it has in forever then it wouldn't even be near that chart. Especially on IGN. Every COD review comment section is nothing but hate. COD is despised on gaming sites. I swear it's like you guys forgot just how big Halo was. Halo 3 was arguably the craziest gaming launch I've ever seen. It was insanity. Was on all the mainstream news channels, midnight launches worldwide, ppl on the streets. It was fucking insane. Now we are celebrating Halo being relevant again.... It should've never even gotten to this point

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You clearly are upset , and DUMB 

Bl2 outsold every halo game .   Bl isn't a big series guyz , stop acting like the undermutt guyz I cant believe bl is so close guyz   Fucking idiot .

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Seeing lemmings trying to talk about Borderlands and how amazing popular it is :D Can you ever imagine them even making the comparison back in 07-10 when Halo 3 and Reach came out when the OG borderlands was out. LMAO, would've been insulting to Halo. 

Oh what a terribly idiotic time for you to make a post like this.

j37NTNr.png

6aSxoJZ.png

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands/sales

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh what a terribly idiotic time for you to make a post like this.

j37NTNr.png

6aSxoJZ.png

https://www.pcgamesn.com/borderlands/sales

And Halo is over 70million from an exclusive platform :D 

and that's with Halo 5 capped at 5m, a number you have said over and over is sooooo below what they really are. 'No doubt they've done 10m by now'

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You serious? If it wasn't for COD looking better than it has in forever then it wouldn't even be near that chart. Especially on IGN. Every COD review comment section is nothing but hate. COD is despised on gaming sites. I swear it's like you guys forgot just how big Halo was. Halo 3 was arguably the craziest gaming launch I've ever seen. It was insanity. Was on all the mainstream news channels, midnight launches worldwide, ppl on the streets. It was fucking insane. Now we are celebrating Halo being relevant again.... It should've never even gotten to this point

Yes I'm serious... You just proved my point.  CoD WAS the absolute shit after MW4...  Now it's hated... but it's still a behemoth of a franchise, and that Matt Picsila guy predicts it to be the highest selling game of the year... Like it always is in a year that Rockstar doesn't release a game..  And then I can take your point and throw it back at you.  How many people hate MS' first party these days?  How many people have faith that anything from them, or 343i is going to be amazing?  It's the same shit for Halo.. half the people will be pissed because Chiefs armor isn't quite the right color, or that there's some stupid shit like that...  

You can't compare them the same because nowadays there's so much other bullshit affecting gaming...  We're not living in the same world anymore that we were when Halo 3 launched...  Comparing it directly to that is stupid, because nothing else these days DOES compare to that.  It's different times man..  That doesn't mean that Halo isn't still popular and can't be more popular though..

3 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

And Halo is over 70million from an exclusive platform :D 

and that's with Halo 5 capped at 5m, a number you have said over and over is sooooo below what they really are. 'No doubt they've done 10m by now'

Halo is over 70 milion from multiple platforms and multiple releases. 

Halo CE: Xbox and PC

Halo 2: Xbox and PC

Halo 3: Xbox 360/ Xbox One BC

Halo 4: Xbox 360

Halo Reach: Xbox 360/ Xbox One BC

Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, 4, Reach (MCC): Xbox One and soon to be PC

:shrug:

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yes I'm serious... You just proved my point.  CoD WAS the absolute shit after MW4...  Now it's hated... but it's still a behemoth of a franchise, and that Matt Picsila guy predicts it to be the highest selling game of the year... Like it always is in a year that Rockstar doesn't release a game..  And then I can take your point and throw it back at you.  How many people hate MS' first party these days?  How many people have faith that anything from them, or 343i is going to be amazing?  It's the same shit for Halo.. half the people will be pissed because Chiefs armor isn't quite the right color, or that there's some stupid shit like that...  

You can't compare them the same because nowadays there's so much other bullshit affecting gaming...  We're not living in the same world anymore that we were when Halo 3 launched...  Comparing it directly to that is stupid, because nothing else these days DOES compare to that.  It's different times man..  That doesn't mean that Halo isn't still popular and can't be more popular though..

You are talking about way too many things that are only specific to the hardcore then using COD sales in the same context. All the highest selling games, especially COD are about the casual market. They wouldn't even know COD is made by diff dev teams. COD still selling like a beast has zero relevance to an IGN poll. Same was that ResetEra has zero relevance to reality. If you are going to use sales then none of the gaming poll matter. Sports games are always in the top 10 sellings games yet never ever on most anticipated lists.

I can compare different times to now because I'm doing the same for the others. Borderlands launched when Halo was at its peak. This is the same time period. Since then Borderlands has grown it's IP while Halo has killed it's own. Many many other IPs are no bigger than back then. Could you even imagine thinking that a Kojima game woudl become so mainstream as Death Standing is becoming. Stop acting like Halo was in it's own bubble and everything has went downhill since. It is far from the case. Halo has had a gigantic fall from grace but it was literally the biggest franchise in gaming. It will always have that. Y'all acting like it was some Killzone or some shit. You can literally play the Halo music note and just show Chief and that is enough to be most hyped shooter. It should always be like that.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am saying that Halo can still be very popular, in fact it has more of an advantage than any other shooter (outside maybe Half Life 3). Lemmings acting like it's some underdog story or being amazed at it being no.1 given the competition in that poll is hilarious. Same way that apparently being happy it was like 4/5th most viewed trailer at E3 is laughable. 

6 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Halo is over 70 milion from multiple platforms and multiple releases. 

Halo CE: Xbox and PC

Halo 2: Xbox and PC

Halo 3: Xbox 360/ Xbox One BC

Halo 4: Xbox 360

Halo Reach: Xbox 360/ Xbox One BC

Halo CE, 2, 3, ODST, 4, Reach (MCC): Xbox One and soon to be PC

:shrug:

Xbox One BC as a multiple platform :D Too good. 

14 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You are talking about way too many things that are only specific to the hardcore then using COD sales in the same context. All the highest selling games, especially COD are about the casual market. They wouldn't even know COD is made by diff dev teams. COD still selling like a beast has zero relevance to an IGN poll. Same was that ResetEra has zero relevance to reality. If you are going to use sales then none of the gaming poll matter. Sports games are always in the top 10 sellings games yet never ever on most anticipated lists.

I can compare different times to now because I'm doing the same for the others. Borderlands launched when Halo was at its peak. This is the same time period. Since then Borderlands has grown it's IP while Halo has killed it's own. Many many other IPs are no bigger than back then. Could you even imagine thinking that a Kojima game woudl become so mainstream as Death Standing is becoming. Stop acting like Halo was in it's own bubble and everything has went downhill since. It is far from the case. Halo has had a gigantic fall from grace but it was literally the biggest franchise in gaming. It will always have that. Y'all acting like it was some Killzone or some shit. You can literally play the Halo music note and just show Chief and that is enough to be most hyped shooter. It should always be like that.

You're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I am saying that Halo can still be very popular, in fact it has more of an advantage than any other shooter (outside maybe Half Life 3). Lemmings acting like it's some underdog story or being amazed at it being no.1 given the competition in that poll is hilarious. Same way that apparently being happy it was like 4/5th most viewed trailer at E3 is laughable. 

That's really not what I'm acting like at all.  I'm not acting like it's some underdog story.  You're the one that's acting like it should still be some deity in gaming forum....  Dude, that's not being realistic. 

What's wrong with the competition in the poll?  lmao dude.. Those are some of the biggest shooter franchises out.. What games would you be happy with there?

Like I said.. the times have changed.  There's no Halo 3's.. anymore... there never will be.  The gaming market has opened up significantly.. 

You're the one downplaying Halo Infinite because Borderlands 3 is so close to it...  That's fine... but guess what?  These days Borderlands is a huge game series.  No shit Halo has fallen and Borderlands has risen... Halo's switched studios and had like 2 mediocre games since then.  The community is very divisive on what Halo should be and where it should go..  Borderlands 3 is just more fucking Borderlands from the same team.  They've grown.. no shit.  So if Borderlands 3 is a huge game these days... why are you expecting that Halo should be any different or something even more massive?  The gaming market has grown, there's more shooters than ever before..

And this is a fucking anticipation poll, not a "your favorite game out of these" poll.  The hype is there for Halo, but people are cautious... people aren't quite convinced yet.  It's WAY farther out than the other games... and has shown considerably less..  What I've been saying is that this game has the potential to change that attitude if it comes out and hits the right notes.  That's all.

Just now, Remij_ said:

That's really not what I'm acting like at all.  I'm not acting like it's some underdog story.  You're the one that's acting like it should still be some deity in gaming forum....  Dude, that's not being realistic. 

What's wrong with the competition in the poll?  lmao dude.. Those are some of the biggest shooter franchises out.. What games would you be happy with there?

Like I said.. the times have changed.  There's no Halo 3's.. anymore... there never will be.  The gaming market has opened up significantly.. 

You're the one downplaying Halo Infinite because Borderlands 3 is so close to it...  That's fine... but guess what?  These days Borderlands is a huge game series.  No shit Halo has fallen and Borderlands has risen... Halo's switched studios and had like 2 mediocre games since then.  The community is very divisive on what Halo should be and where it should go..  Borderlands 3 is just more fucking Borderlands from the same team.  They've grown.. no shit.  So if Borderlands 3 is a huge game these days... why are you expecting that Halo should be any different?

And this is a fucking anticipation poll, not a "your favorite game out of these" poll.  The hype is there for Halo, but people are cautious... people aren't quite convinced yet.  What I've been saying is that this game has the potential to change that attitude if it comes out and hits the right notes.  That's all.

It is a diety in realms of Gaming IP power. Very few exclusive non Ninty IPs come even close to the Halo brand name. Halo 4 and 5 were still incredibly anticipated even though they turned out not as good as expected (5 especially). They both still would've been the most anticipated shooters. I'm saying that Dyno acting like it's some shock that Halo is no.1 most anticiapted shooter is laughable, especially by such a thing margin that's all. Halo is and always will be massive. Especially one that finally shows us Chief again after the shitshow of 5. Borderlands is big but it's no Halo. It's not even close.

I agree that this game has potential to return Halo to greatness and hopefully it does. But lets not pretend that Halo is some dead IP or that it's amazing a new Halo game, launching on next gen hardware is somehow surprising that it's more anticipated than a yearly COD