NPD hardware results - May 2019. Xbox lowest in 5 years.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can talk about end of console cycle and all that but with the services and offers MS has been doing they certainly would have hoped to see some uptick in performance. This is absolutely nothing li

Exactly.... Nex gen is 16 months away and Xbox1 is already doing 86k.... it's going to get even worse....waaaaaay worse between now and Holiday 2020.   It's ironic that the fate DynamiteCop

YoY dawg!!!!!

54 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

The sales insiders are saying PS4 discounts are so uncommon even 50 dollar discounts have a huge effect on sales. XBox is constantly discounted to hell.and they seem to have dried out all the cheap ass buyers pool

They're uncommon? Yeah from chain retailers. 

You can go online and find a brand new PS4 or Pro right now for at least $50 under MSRP in minutes. It's like this at all times.

I got my PS4 The Last of Us Bundle in 2014 for $293.12

4PlhedX.png

Shit, you can get this right now. So don't feed me any of that bullshit, they don't need to put on sales themselves because their shit is always on sale elsewhere. 

dq0htoU.png

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

They're uncommon? Yeah from chain retailers. 

You can go online and find a brand new PS4 or Pro right now for at least $50 under MSRP in minutes. It's like this at all times.

I got my PS4 The Last of Us Bundle in 2014 for $293.12

4PlhedX.png

Shit, you can get this right now. So don't feed me any of that bullshit, they don't need to put on sales themselves because their shit is always on sale elsewhere. 

dq0htoU.png

In general at chain retailers PS4 costs more than Xbox1. 

1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Its gonna be a long miserable death for xbox sales wise. 

They need to do permanent price drops . 200 for s , 300 for X

I don't know how they are going to hold out for 16 more months. Plus even a 500 PS5 isn't going to light charts imo, nevermind a Scarlett. Things are looking pretty grim.

Edited by Team 2019
19 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

In general at chain retailers PS4 costs more than Xbox1. 

I'm not a sales followers tbh, so I trust what the people working at the NPD on this. They say price cuts give PS4 bigger boosts than XBox. I believe them. We'll see with the cheaper portable Switch as well, I think that will do well

MS chose the worst gen to mess up. Next gen reset will be the softest ever with users from PS4 likely never changing to an XBox. Plus MS is really devaluing XBox hardware with their PC stuff, I think that's going to eat into hardware sales big time.

Kinda glad Sony won this one. If they pulled at PS3 this gen, the business would be a dumpster fire for them. But they earned their win, just like MS did at the start with the 360. So all is good

Edited by Team 2019
27 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

I don't know how they are going to hold out for 16 more months. Plus even a 500 PS5 isn't going to light charts imo, nevermind a Scarlett. Things are looking pretty grim.

Exactly.... Nex gen is 16 months away and Xbox1 is already doing 86k.... it's going to get even worse....waaaaaay worse between now and Holiday 2020.

It's ironic that the fate DynamiteCop projected for Switch ended being Xbox1's fate instead. 

• Haha 1
Just now, Remij_ said:

Is the Xbox One as low of a low for Xbox as the WiiU was for Nintendo?  Has it reached that point yet?

third/fourth console arrogance every company has 

22 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Is the Xbox One as low of a low for Xbox as the WiiU was for Nintendo?  Has it reached that point yet?

At this rate Scarlett will be lower than One if MS really sticks forward with their console sales don't matter strategy, and XBox is an option and a side thing. Good or bad One he first 4 years had the belief that it IS the MS gaming Division.

2 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

At this rate Scarlett will be lower than One if MS really sticks forward with their console sales don't matter strategy, and XBox is an option and a side thing. Good or bad One he first 4 years had the belief that it IS the MS gaming Division.

If Sony release at $499, MS should just go for the throat and release at $399 and take the loss.  That's the only way that they could essentially stun people and hope to turn some of them.