Lockhart never existed

Well this pretty much puts that to bed, because they did ship the Xbox One S All-Digital Edition and they announced Scarlett which pluralizes the statement of our next "consoles". 

Last year, at the 2018 version of the big Xbox press conference that happened last week, Spencer made the initial announcement that Microsoft has “game consoles” in production. Notably, he said “consoles” – it wasn’t a slip of the tongue.

This year, though, he spoke of Project Scarlett as if it were a single box scheduled to arrive in holiday 2020.

So, what gives? Is Microsoft making multiple new Xbox consoles or what?

“Last year we said consoles, and we’ve shipped a console and we’ve now detailed another console. I think that’s plural,” Spencer said.

The console that Microsoft shipped earlier this year, of course, was not a new Xbox console – it was a disc-less version of its already existing Xbox One S hardware.

“Technically that is plural,” Spencer said with a laugh after I pushed him on the technicality he invoked. “Right now,” he said, “we’re focused on Project Scarlett and what we put on stage.”

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/xbox-future-project-scarlett-phil-spencer-interview-2019-6

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well aza believes most of anything if the "resetera mods" say it LMAO .   These cows are like 12 year olds

Not sure what's more obvious,  Gurkles obsession, or stupidity. 

Bu bu the resetera mods said ...   But but the insiders said....   Team 2019 guyz....   Assa is an idiot lmao

Just now, Handsome Horse said:

is lockhart the super xbox whipitgoo hyped

Lockhart was theorized as being a lower model version in the Scarlett line, kind of like the Xbox One S version of the next-gen system while "Anaconda" would be the X version.

Come to think of it the console itself is called Scarlett so "Anaconda" never even existed as a codename, the codename was Scarlett the entire time. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Lockhart was theorized as being a lower model version in the Scarlett line, kind of like the Xbox One S version of the next-gen system while "Anaconda" would be the X version.

Come to think of it the console itself is called Scarlett so "Anaconda" never even existed as a codename, the codename was Scarlett the entire time. 

i heard sony's codename for their next gen machine was gonzalo :sabu:

"Technically that is plural,” Spencer said with a laugh after I pushed him on the technicality he invoked. “Right now,” he said, “we’re focused on Project Scarlettand what we put on stage.”

For something that never existed, that's alot if technicalities :bena:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

"Technically that is plural,” Spencer said with a laugh after I pushed him on the technicality he invoked. “Right now,” he said, “we’re focused on Project Scarlettand what we put on stage.”

For something that never existed, that's alot if technicalities :bena:

Technically and technicality are not the same things...

L2ENGRISH

Phil Spencer is clearly trying to be coy...........and Dynocrap thinks that its everybody else on this forum who doesn't get it.

Dynocrap appears to have the behavior of somebody on the spectrum, but with none of the intelligence or innate talents.

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Phil Spencer is clearly trying to be coy...........and Dynocrap thinks that its everybody else on this forum who doesn't get it.

Dynocrap appears to have the behavior of somebody on the spectrum, but with none of the intelligence or innate talents.

Or it simply never existed and what he said makes absolute sense, notice this isn't called "Project Anaconda"? Because that didn't exist either, it was just Scarlett, "Project Scarlett". that's it, that's all it ever was. 

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

I'm not sure why Dynamite expects Phil to confirm a console they had in concept stage that was so bad it got canned.

You guys are retarded.  

Just now, Team 2019 said:

I'm not sure why Dynamite expects Phil to confirm a console they had in concept stage that was so bad it got canned.

I'm not sure why you believe a crackpot insider who was wrong about a console in development two years out from projected release over the Executive Vice President, but alright. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not sure why you believe a crackpot insider who was wrong about a console in development two years out from projected release over the Executive Vice President, but alright. 

He has absolutely zero reason to confirm any rumours even in they were true. Or you seriously expect him to say, yeah we had a console concept we scrapped.

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well aza believes most of anything if the "resetera mods" say it LMAO .

These cows are like 12 year olds :D

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Or it simply never existed and what he said makes absolute sense, notice this isn't called "Project Anaconda"? Because that didn't exist either, it was just Scarlett, "Project Scarlett". that's it, that's all it ever was. 

No, he's clearly trying to avoid talking about it, and he's trying to use the failed Xbox SAD to get out of it.

He never said "there was no such thing as a second next-gen console" or deny Lockhart by name.  He simply said "uhh...yeah, consoles, well, if we count Xbox SAD, that technically counts" and then laughs.

Why would he laugh?

Why are you trying to play stupid and pretend you don't understand what he's clearly doing.  Let's see if you are stupid enough to argue something that you're not really in good position to defend.

3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

He has absolutely zero reason to confirm any rumours even in they were true. Or you seriously expect him to say, yeah we had a console concept we scrapped.

The names Lockhart and Anaconda don't even exist, it's just bad information Brad Sams got based upon Spencer saying "consoles" and he went apeshit investing in it, like you appear to have as well.

It's Scarlett, it was always Scarlett, there is only Scarlett. 

2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yes..it never existed... so he had to say technically for something that never existed :grimaceleft:

He's talking about the Xbox One S and Scarlett, technically that is plural as it is CONSOLES

It's striking how dumb some of you are. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!