So Battlefield 5....

ehhh..good game but I kinda feel all the maps are geared towards the recon class.

Manning the support means that you can only be effective at medium to low ranges, but everyone is camping on that game.

I remember previous Battlefield games, the maps were huge and the only way to move was through vehicles. 

Not here though. It's like you can do it by walking.

What do you think @Twinblade

16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

I think its a good game. Its not among my favorites in the series, but after a disappointing launch they're going in the right direction with the free maps 

I think the game is extremely flawed though, mapwise.

The majority of them aside from Rotterdam or open areas which play extremely well for recons.

If you are any of the other three classes, you are at a disadvantage.

This would be good if BFV was a tactical sim like aRMA but it's an arcade shooter.

56 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

I think the game is extremely flawed though, mapwise.

The majority of them aside from Rotterdam or open areas which play extremely well for recons.

If you are any of the other three classes, you are at a disadvantage.

This would be good if BFV was a tactical sim like aRMA but it's an arcade shooter.

People always say this but i have no problem with snipers, in fact they are still the class that i get killed by the least amount of times. The scope glint reveals them right away, and there are so many ways to counter them. As long as you keep moving (which is what you should be doing in this type of game) they are rarely much of a threat.

Some of the maps are really bad though. The snow mountain one in particular is one of the worst ones in BF history. My favorites overall are definitely Arras, Hamada, and panzerstorm (but i am disappointed that they changed this one to make it more friendly for infantry). I haven't played the game in a while, but i would like to try the new Greece map. Visually it looks like a really cool change of pace.

Edited by Twinblade

Man, i returned to the game after a few months and I can't help but feel disappointed again

-The combined arms co op mode seems cool on paper but its just dead. I started a round on medium by myself and couldn't kill more than a few enemies because they're bullet sponges. 2 headshots from a bolt action rifle in a row to one and this one guy barely flinched. They still can't program good AI so their workaround is to just make every enemy soak up a ton of damage.

-They added that stupid BFC currency. Its not offensive or anything but it feels like a desperate attempt for them to milk a cow thats already all dried up.

-The new mercury map is a real bummer. It looks so damn pretty, but the design is just boring. Theres a bay that extends out into the ocean, a island right in the center, and a whole town off into the distance but all 5 flags were just plopped down in a tiny plot of land along the coastline. Theres so much potential here but their focus on close quarters infantry battles really ruins a lot of their map ideas.

last time i played it was ok gameplaywise. (they keep changing the weapon dmg (or how they call it time to kill) which i absolutely hate. The initial weapon dmg was fine, 1-3 shots for a kill like HC in older BF).

I won't play it again until they add more maps and like twinb said there's a lot of wasted potential with the flags as always.

I can see the new map having the usual map cluster, leaving the rest of the map for eye candy. I still blame consoles.