Phil Spencer has an emotional breakdown in KOtaku interview " I Know Xbox has sucked this gen and our 1st party is lackluster" OMFG! Phil tells all!

https://kotaku.com/xbox-boss-on-microsoft-s-struggles-with-game-quality-an-1835740535

Lmao the soyboys at Kotaku roasted him :rofl; 

Kotaku:

I look at the first-party operations of all the platforms and I see a lot of Game of the Year contenders from both Nintendo and Sony and I would say, bluntly, looking at recent years from you guys, Forza Horizon stands out, but not so much Crackdown, not so much Halo 5—which I think many people thought the campaign was weaker than others. Gears 4 was solid, but it wasn’t outright ‘the best Gears ever.’

So, you have good taste in games, you play a lot of games, I don’t know if you see it quite the way I see it, but do you see that there has been a challenge in terms of high-quality game creation with you guys and, if so, have you figured out the remedy to get past that and make those stars

again?

Spencer: I think quality of first party is very important, so I’m totally with you there. We did reach a time in our first party where the number of games and studios that we actually had and were investing in put a lot of pressure on everything that we were doing. And it became more difficult to manage a portfolio when you kind of needed everything at any point to hit the date that it had picked three years ahead of time at the very high level of quality.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

What the fuck is with the CrapGamer type thread title? :mj: 

PHIL HAZ TEH BREAKDOWNZ!!@! BAD NEWS FOR XBOX!!

JFC :hest: 

Honestly it looks like 343 is getting their shit together with Halo Infinite. It looks very promising, even though we saw no gameplay yet.

I don't know how Phil let Gears 5 slip by though.

17 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Honestly it looks like 343 is getting their shit together with Halo Infinite. It looks very promising, even though we saw no gameplay yet.

Yea I'm more optimistic than ever about Halo Infinite.  It seems like they know they fucked up and are going to do what's necessary to fix it.  I mean, it's Halo... all they really have to do is give us a story where the focus is Master Chief and Cortana, have us fight some cool epic battles, give us nice and big environments to do cool shit with...  They're hitting the right notes with the art style and the music in the trailer is really fucking good.  Also just from the trailer alone I can tell that the story telling aspect will be on another level from Halo 5.  I already care more about this unknown pilot than any new character introduced in Halo 5 lol.

9 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

What they didn’t realise they had fucked up on Halo 4 and MCC?:kaz:

9 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

There's nothing to suggest there is anything wrong with Gears 5. 

Just now, Bodycount N said:

hiding the campaign until day of release is unheard of.

They're not hiding it until the day of release, he gave perfectly good reasoning for it and they showed campaign related stuff last year. 

It's a staggered media release and they're focusing on getting other aspects of the game out there, there's five modes so this should be some surprise. 

nobody gives a shit about breakout.

and no, they haven't showed any campaign.

they're using deceptive marketing tactics to hide a shitty lesbian campaign from public eye until they've already sucked the money out of people dumb enough to go in blind.

They're hiding campaign because they know it sucks + would hurt their sales if they show the miserable lesbian adventure their SJW fantasies have conjured up. Mark my words, this game will suck.

1 hour ago, Bodycount N said:

nobody gives a shit about breakout.

and no, they haven't showed any campaign.

they're using deceptive marketing tactics to hide a shitty lesbian campaign from public eye until they've already sucked the money out of people dumb enough to go in blind.

They're hiding campaign because they know it sucks + would hurt their sales if they show the miserable lesbian adventure their SJW fantasies have conjured up. Mark my words, this game will suck.

No, and none of this makes any lick of sense whatsoever. 

well where the fuck is campaign? literally embargoed until the day of release. :rofl: 

They were hyping up this new open-world campaign and refuse to show 1 mission of it. why so ashamed?

They know damned well their lesbian protag is not what anyone wanted. They have the pre-order data,  they've seen the fan revolt, they've seen the dislike ratio on the trailers. People want Marcus back, hell, people want JD back. :cruise: 

Putting a woman as the main in gears is franchise suicide.

Edited by Bodycount N