Just finished Days Gone - One of the best games this generation + most impressive visuals I've ever seen

What a ride this game was, true masterpiece. 30+ hour campaign experience, great writing, great story, great characters. 

Days-Gone-Wedding-Header-01.jpg

As a zombie games fan, the horde mechanic was the most impressive new thing i've seen in ages. The first time you see a horde you're scared as fuck, running back to your bike, heart racing. By the end of the game you feel empowered enough to rush in head on. The sense of progression you get in this game is great.

days-gone-editorial-horde-alt-two-column

sons of Anarchy with zombies. Good Grief Sony, you've finally found your killer app. :bow: Congrats, BEND studios. You've topped RE2 and are current GOTY frontrunners.

Any end of the year GOTY awards that don't look like this are biased:

Best Graphics:

Days Gone

Best Story:

Days Gone

Best new IP:

Days Gone

Best new character:
Boozer (Days Gone)

Best development studio

Sony BEND

Best Tech

the Horde in Days Gone

:bow: 

From a humble handheld dev to the top dog in the game. Hate it or love it, the underdog's on top

latest?cb=20190125113923

• Haha 1
On 2019-05-08 at 5:33 AM, soup said:

The frame rate is rarely at 30, hovers like 15-25, constant stutters some even lasting like 10+ seconds, and multiple instances of textures not loading preventing me from progressing main story stuff without having to fully close out of the app. This game is pure garbage in terms of optimization and the bike upgrades seem to make it substantially worse. Straight up the worst performing game i’ve played in a long while which is surprising coming from Sony first party.

This shit has happened multiple times in the same exact area.

:D 

i was away from my ps4 for like 2 months, got hit with 20gb worth of updates when i played. never encountered anything like that.

Is there glitches? yes. is there slowdown, lockups even... yes. Doesn't matter. The graphics, especially foliage are punching way above their weight. PS4Pro sounds like its melting on this game, it's just that demanding. :glad: 

18 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

i was away from my ps4 for like 2 months, got hit with 20gb worth of updates when i played. never encountered anything like that.

Is there glitches? yes. is there slowdown, lockups even... yes. Doesn't matter. The graphics, especially foliage are punching way above their weight. PS4Pro sounds like its melting on this game, it's just that demanding. :glad: 

No the cooling is just garbage.

5 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

that's because it's a slightly right-wing leaning game.

9.0 RGS (Real Gamer Score)

I can see 5.0 from an SJW perspective though. This game is a giant middle finger to them from the alex jones-style radio station, to the self-reliance, hunting, militia-forming, pro gun talk, bikes, mechanics, hetero-sexual love affairs, Deacon liking his wife's ass, and the white guy who pretends to be black being the baddie LMAO

Just now, Bodycount N said:

this game makes state of decay and sea of Z's look like they're CD-ROMs that came out of a mid-90's cereal box. :glad: 

The reality is if it didn't look the way it does it would be universally hailed as an asshole of a video game, that's it. It's not special, there's nothing new, unique or even remotely interesting about it.

It's a E tier game with a nice coat of paint.