Anyone here work from home?

Starting a new job soon that’s mostly remote, and I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. My current company is relatively large and I’ve gotten to know a lot of cool people, I think it would get boring being alone and not having anyone to socialize with.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work from home on occasion and love sitting there in my boxers attending virtual meetings over MS skype/teams.  Luckily I'm not being seen on the other end but imagine if I accidentally turned on th

I work from home right now and I fucking hate it. Give me a short commute to an office any day of the week.

Never worked from home but I imagine it's ok if you have friends. However, I am very lazy at home so that wouldn't work for me.

Here and there.

I tend to come in the office most days since I'm only ~15 minutes away anyhow and I have multiple monitors here which makes things more efficient (plus my company doesn't give a shit about using the internet anyhow). 

I don't think I'd want to do it every day but ideally i'd work from home 2-3 days a week. It's just better sometimes. Sleep a bit longer, work in comfortable clothes without distractions, got my own kitchen for making food/coffee, can get more errands done on lunch (gym/groceries), saves money on commuting, etc. I find I have more energy to go out and do things after work this way too. Gotta make sure you're still getting social interactions though. 

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I imagine it would be quite terrible, you're working at home, you get off work you're at home. It's nice working outside of the house because it brings a lot of diversity to your day. 

Exactly this.

Worked at home for 6 years and it got so stale and felt like I was always working. Much prefer coming into the office every day.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

Never worked from home but I imagine it's ok if you have friends.

However, I am very lazy at home so that wouldn't work for me.

this. the lazy part will make sure i'm homeless in no time.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

Starting a new job soon that’s mostly remote, and I’m not sure how I feel about it yet. My current company is relatively large and I’ve gotten to know a lot of cool people, I think it would get boring being alone and not having anyone to socialize with.

what do you do exactly?

20 minutes ago, -GD- said:

eh, i could probably do it because i'm rarely home during my free time. however, if you are naturally a homebody, i can imagine it causing some fucked up cabin fever. 

like in secret window with johnny depp?

19 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

what do you do exactly?

Im in IT, going from help desk to network administration. I guess I should clarify that I will have to travel to client sites from time to time to set up networks and troubleshoot related issues in person, so it’s not 100% remote/from home.

Depends on the job, but I see the option as a good thing. Especially if it's your business, a well paying job, or you can limit or raise your hours at will.  Nice work on the job tho twin.  I wonder wtf I'll be doing in 1 or 2 years.. 

I work from home on occasion and love sitting there in my boxers attending virtual meetings over MS skype/teams.  Luckily I'm not being seen on the other end but imagine if I accidentally turned on the camera on my Surface Pro?  The women would be pleasuring themselves for weeks because of the mental image.

Edited by Spicalicious
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

I think it would be ok for a short period but not really fun if you're always required to work from home.

It would be pretty bad if you start hating your own house because it reminds you of work :dame: