Anyone here work from home?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I work from home on occasion and love sitting there in my boxers attending virtual meetings over MS skype/teams.  Luckily I'm not being seen on the other end but imagine if I accidentally turned on th

I work from home right now and I fucking hate it. Give me a short commute to an office any day of the week.

Never worked from home but I imagine it's ok if you have friends. However, I am very lazy at home so that wouldn't work for me.

Been working for like 4 years now at home. And yes, its definitely not for most people. I hated it most of the time, as it feels like living in prison. You wake up, you work with almost no RL social interaction, you go to bed, repeat. The only time I feel relaxed is when Im not at home. 

But thats the price I pay for creative freedom.

Edited by HolyAx
38 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

Been working for like 4 years now at home. And yes, its definitely not for most people. I hated it most of the time, as it feels like living in prison. You wake up, you work with almost no RL social interaction, you go to bed, repeat. The only time I feel relaxed is when Im not at home. 

sounds like you should set up a small studio away from home then.

15 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Im in IT, going from help desk to network administration. I guess I should clarify that I will have to travel to client sites from time to time to set up networks and troubleshoot related issues in person, so it’s not 100% remote/from home.

You will be fine as it's not 100% remote from home work.   The travel to client sites will put some variety in your work week. 

I've done it before and I don't really mind. Same with online classes back when I was in college. I'm very disciplined when it comes to those kind of responsibilities and I just see those hours as work and I tell everyone around me to fuck off and let me focus. At least there is no money spent on travel and expensive fast food. Coworkers at a regular job are cool to talk shit with and stuff but I don't see it as a place to go meet real friends. You could always do that by going out after working from home.

9 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Are you like an artist bro?

I am thinking of setting up a small studio with a drawing tablet.

15 hours ago, HolyAx said:

Work less Andrew go out, or, your job sucks. The life out of you. 

13 hours ago, MalaXmaS said:

Are you like an artist bro?

I am thinking of setting up a small studio with a drawing tablet.

yeah, Im an independant animator. I have a studio here, but the workers who show up here are all inexperienced, so its not fun at all with them currently. Hopefully in a few years they can grow so we can be more or less on the same skill level.

8 hours ago, kokujin said:

Work less Andrew go out, or, your job sucks. The life out of you. 

My job is the best I can get, its just missing a few components to be perfect. I need skilled artists, who are hardly avaialble in my city.

17 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

I thought you were in Belgium? lol 

how is estonia? sounds like a cool country actually

lol its bhytre whos from belgium (the shithole) 

Estonia is hyper introverted, which makes it really boring when people prefer screens. The IT industry is growing fast because of that, and in the process killing human interaction. Other than that, its a pretty safe place to live in, if you wont die from boredom.

8 hours ago, HolyAx said:

lol its bhytre whos from belgium (the shithole) 

Estonia is hyper introverted, which makes it really boring when people prefer screens. The IT industry is growing fast because of that, and in the process killing human interaction. Other than that, its a pretty safe place to live in, if you wont die from boredom.

That's cool. It's on my list of countries to visit some day before I die :happysad: looks very cool.   

• 2 weeks later...

Last day at my current job today. Man, this is going to be tough. Going from working in an environment where I got to know at least 100 people vs working at home by myself. I’m not sure this is going to be for me but I’ll find out next week I guess.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Last day at my current job today. Man, this is going to be tough. Going from working in an environment where I got to know at least 100 people vs working at home by myself. I’m not sure this is going to be for me but I’ll find out next week I guess.

Lmfao it's so hard to focus on work when ur at home in front of ur pc. Good luck.