Ryzen 3000 releases a week from now

Shit's hype as fuck.  And even Intel acknowledges how formidable AMD have become and how they are growing.  They released an internal memo (which I'm sure those of you who'd care already know of by now) which explains, in Intel's view, how AMD have managed to do what they are doing and discusses how they can combat an ever increasing AMD size and marketshare.  AMD's ability to scale cores is simply stunning Intel and they don't know how to respond except now trying to copy them.  Intel are literally playing catch up.. and in certain ways are no longer the market leader.  If this goes unchecked... AMD is going to destroy Intel and reap the server market relatively quickly.

Anyway, on the consumer side, there's leaked benchmarks of the Ryzen 3600X (my bad I mean the non X which is actually 200mhz less clock)... a $200 6c/12t CPU, that's beating Intel's $490 8c/12t top tier consumer 9900K in single thread performance.  Of course the Intel part will clock higher... but that's HUGE.  The Ryzen 3700X and 3800X are AMD's 8c/12t parts and they are clocked even higher than the 3600X.  Then of course there's the 12c/24t 3900X clocked even higher yet... and then the massive 16c/32t 3950X still waiting in the wings..

Single thread performance will improve with clock speed bumps so getting these things close to 5Ghz will keep AMD's single thread performance at the top... meanwhile the multi-core performance will obliterate Intel on every level.  They've also apparently solved their intercore and cross die memory latency problems which plagued the previous gen Ryzens as well.

Let's be real here.  This is all falling into place really nicely for AMD.  The perception on their products is changing from being the budget solution to being the best performing AND cheaper solution.  People are beginning to see their strength.. and it's a big part in thanks to being first to 7nm while Intel is struggling to get their 10nm process in order.  Intel looks weak where AMD is looking strong.  AMD looks like a company with a plan that is leading, while Intel looks like they're on their back foot responding.  Plus all the security issues Intel is having and customers literally having to deactivate half of their CPUs... AMD's hard work and planning is paying off, and Intel is stumbling all on their own.

Then, we look at the next generation of consoles coming.  The exact same architecture that will be powering the latest PCs.  When was the last time this happened?  Never.  They have ALL the momentum.  Developers will be coding directly around the latest AMD architecture.   That work will carry over through both consoles and PCs.  Games designed around 16 threads.. taking advantage of Ryzens architectural improvements and instruction sets.  Hell... even Microsoft is now optimizing and improving Windows 10 for AMD Ryzen CPUs.  There were certain optimizations that would have improved previous Ryzen performance in Windows but MS "never got around to implementing them" because they optimize for the market leader.. which is Intel.  But now, you can actually tell a shift is happening because MS is beginning to implement Ryzen optimizations to the kernel.

I'm looking to build my new PC in August around my birthday time.  I can't wait for these CPUs man.  First time I've been legitimately excited about CPUs in a looooong time.

• Remij changed the title to Ryzen 3000 releases a week from now
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah It seems that this is a really good time to build a new PC, especially with M2 SSDs finally being affordable.

System RAM as well.

Pick up a Ryzen 3600, a x470 motherboard, 16GB ram, RX 5700 GPU or RTX 2060 Super.  That's a nice little system right there.

The x570 boards are pretty expensive though, especially on the high end.  So unless the I/O of the PCIe4.0 is super important to someone, they can just buy a cheaper x470.  It's nice for those that already have x470 motherboards that they don't need to buy a new motherboard to use the Ryzen 3000 series.

I'm definitely going to be getting a solid x570 board as well as a larger NVMe SSD.  I don't want to have any more HDDs in my PC.  Those will strictly be regulated to the NAS.

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah It seems that this is a really good time to build a new PC, especially with M2 SSDs finally being affordable.

SSD prices are so stupid now I bought a pair of 1TB MX500's yesterday for $87 each and plan to just use them as extra space in my One S and PS4 until I can find something that will actually make better use of them. :D

Edited by Hot Sauce
2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

SSD prices are so stupid now I bought a pair of 1TB MX500's yesterday for $87 each and plan to just use them as extra space in my One S and PS4 until I can find something that will actually make better use of them. :D

That's insane :D 

Remi it wasn't even the 3600X it was the non-X Ryzen 5 3600 beating the i9-9900K.   That's practically the entry CPU (if AMD doesn't launch Ryzen 3 3000 which now they probably should just so Ryzen 3s can beat all the Intel Core-i7s . :D )

I already sold my Ryzen 5 2400G on ebay. 

Returned that EVGA GTX 770 I shouldn't have bought, seller accepted because he listed it as 4GB when it was 2GB, I shouldn't have bought that old GPU anyways. 

I'll probably convert some Monero I mined with my VEGA 56 over for some cash and should have enough to buy a Ryzen 7 3700X.

Edited by The Mother Fucker
2 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Remi it wasn't even the 3600X it was the non-X Ryzen 5 3600 beating the 9900K.   That's practically the entry CPU (if AMD doesn't launch Ryzen 3 3000 which now they probably should just so Ryzen 3s can beat all the Intel Core-i7s . :D )

I already sold my Ryzen 5 2400G on ebay. 

Returned that EVGA GTX 770 I shouldn't have bought, seller accepted because he listed it as 4GB when it was 2GB, I shouldn't have bought that old GPU anyways. 

I'll probably convert some Monero I mined with my VEGA 56 over for some cash and should have enough to buy a Ryzen 7 3700X.

Yea my bad.  I put the X on there out of habit lol

It should also be stated in the OP that this is in a single application and doesn't necessarily mean this will be the case across all workloads (obviously).. but yea, an extremely impressive showing from AMD regardless.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You know shit's changing when Nvidia starts advertising Ryzen CPU combos with their GPUs now.

yw281iuukx531.png

I don't see a powersupply, is that because they just tapped into the house's breaker to get this powered? 

• Haha 1