Nintendo Switch Lite confirmed ($199, September 2019)

1 minute ago, lostfool said:

So the opposite of what you just said

No, I'm talking about the home market, they're going to leave it behind and releasing something like this is the second step in that transition, the Switch was the first. 

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll get one if they come out with a transparent color.

yea i might get a lite too. I don't care for docking mode, handheld is fine by me. The resolution and graphics suck either way  

Nintendo is pulling out of the console market, this is the first stepping stone. 

55 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

No, I'm talking about the home market, they're going to leave it behind and releasing something like this is the second step in that transition, the Switch was the first. 

:whoa:

Nintendo actually kind of abandoned the pure handheld space software wise. 

Switch and Switch lite play console games.  Games built solely around portable play died with 3DS.

Switch was always meant to be a family of systems as Iwata said all the way back when it was called NX.

Edited by Goukosan
11 hours ago, Goukosan said:

:tophat2:

Yeah, looks like there's not going to be a Switch Pro after all. Just an updated version that's probably more efficient, but nothing substantial. :francis:

58 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Switch is Nintendo's last console, you're being buttered up for a 100% handheld transition. 

So they fit into my european manpurse and Xbox becomes celestial... :troll:

5 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, looks like there's not going to be a Switch Pro after all. Just an updated version that's probably more efficient, but nothing substantial. :francis:

that's not the pro.   That's the same base Switch with slightly more efficient eternals. Most consoles get an internal refresh (think X one S, PS4 slim etc) but that's definitely not a mid gen refresh. 

The pro does exist though. (these tweets were posted a day before Nintendo officially announced the lite)..... on top of that Benji broke the news of the two models even before WSJ.  He has insider knowledge from the US retail chain industry.  

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Only 24% of 3DS owners own a Switch.   The Switch lite is going for that Market. 

Yep.  The $200 mark is right where those people settle at.  The Switch was just a bit too expensive for that crowd.  Now Nintendo will have a new machine which will sell stupid amounts to that crowd (as well as the standard crowd) and the others will have a nice new model Switch with more storage and battery life.

Nintendo really played that quite well.  Their "handheld market" will now simply be a subset of traditional market with a "Lite" device that comes a bit later which is a bit smaller and cheaper.

It makes me wonder what Nintendo is doing next gen.  They're apparently working on a completely new controller type which they hope will become the new standard for games going forward.  So I wonder what that might turn out to be?

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

@lynux3

Watch from 19 mins.. elaborates he elaborates a bit about the pro.  If it's still on track... it will be 2020 for the earliest. 

I haven't watched the vid yet obviously, but I just want to say that although I'd definitely buy a PRO model if they release it.. I would actually rather they stick with what they have for a couple more years and then release a brand new highly powerful console.

Nintendo could easily get another couple of years out of the Switch.  Breath of the Wild 2, Bayo 3, another Mario game... Metroid Prime 4.  People wont give a shit what those games look like.  They will all look great even 3 years from now.. so I'd rather they hold off.. then release a beastly Switch 2 that's fully backwards compatible and can upres games with a simple patch.

5 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I haven't watched the vid yet obviously, but I just want to say that although I'd definitely buy a PRO model if they release it.. I would actually rather they stick with what they have for a couple more years and then release a brand new highly powerful console.

Nintendo could easily get another couple of years out of the Switch.  Breath of the Wild 2, Bayo 3, another Mario game... Metroid Prime 4.  People wont give a shit what those games look like.  They will all look great even 3 years from now.. so I'd rather they hold off.. then release a beastly Switch 2 that's fully backwards compatible and can upres games with a simple patch.

Switch Pro =/= Switch 2.

Switch Pro will just be to extend the current Switch lifespan for the beginning of next gen. First two years of Next gen will be all cross-gen games... so games will still be made with Base XB1/PS4 in mind... 

Switch 2 will probably hit by 2022 just in time for the non cross gen true next gen games that will  be far and beyond what can be ported down to Switch 1.

in the vid the Switch Pro talk starts at 14.20

Edited by Goukosan