Nintendo Switch Lite confirmed ($199, September 2019)

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Switch Pro =/= Switch 2.

Switch Pro will just be to extend the current Switch lifespan for the beginning of next gen. First two years of Next gen will be all cross-gen games... so games will still be made with Base XB1/PS4 in mind... 

Switch 2 will probably hit by 2022 just in time for the non cross gen true next gen games that will  be far and beyond what can be ported down to Switch 1.

in the vid the Switch Pro talk starts at 14.20

Read what I said again bro.  I never said it was Switch 2.  What I'm saying is that I'd rather they NOT release a Switch Pro and then shortly after a Switch 2.

Like, imagine the visual impact PS5 and X2 would have had if there were no Pro and X1X...  That visual fidelity leap would have been insane.

That's basically what I want for Switch 2.  I don't want a "Switch Pro" to take away from the impact an amazing Switch 2 could have.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll get one if they come out with a transparent color.

yea i might get a lite too. I don't care for docking mode, handheld is fine by me. The resolution and graphics suck either way  

Nintendo is pulling out of the console market, this is the first stepping stone. 

I think they will make a decision sometime in early 2020 about whether or not to release the Pro version.

You'd imagine, there's a new Zelda game that is not going to be ready until about 2021. Technically they haven't even made a real Mario Kart sequel for the Switch, and they'd want to sell that mainline Pokemon game  for a while, introduce a special edition, and historically they try to make a second Pokemon game during the hardware generation.

My guess is that they won't release a Switch 2 until 2022.  So that will give them enough incentive to release a Switch Pro sometime during 2nd half of 2020.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Read what I said again bro.  I never said it was Switch 2.  What I'm saying is that I'd rather they NOT release a Switch Pro and then shortly after a Switch 2.

Like, imagine the visual impact PS5 and X2 would have had if there were no Pro and X1X...  That visual fidelity leap would have been insane.

That's basically what I want for Switch 2.  I don't want a "Switch Pro" to take away from the impact an amazing Switch 2 could have.

They will need a Switch Pro as a stop gap between 2020 and 2020.  Regular Switch can't keep up within a reasonable margin to get t console games with PS5/XB2 for two years until a Switch 2....that would be suicide. 

I dont think a switch pro would even be able to get ps5 X2 games . The tech isn't there in mobile .

They need to get exclusives from 3rd parties and ride out the indie , low budget games. 

And have more games from themselves , or else the droughts will be massive .

A switch pro would be nice tho , just because the switch is so pathetically weak .

• Since firmware 5.0 there has been support for three hardware lines, one with the original Tegra 210 and two for the new Tegra 214 (Mariko)
  • Those two hardware lines are Switch Lite and Switch "New".
  • The original Switch has 4GB of RAM and 6GB for the devkit. The new models have support for both 4GB and 8GB of RAM.
  • Both Switch Lite and "New" use LPDDR4X DRAM which grants a small battery boost due to lower voltages.
  • Switch Lite has a smaller screen and non-detachable controllers while "New" Switch should have the exact same form factor.
  • The GPU in the "New" Switch is clocked at higher values than Switch Lite, potentially giving a modest performance boost.
  • Larger than 32GB memory is possible in the "New" units. Two models have been found in the firmware (codenames "Iowa" and "Calcio") and is speculated that one will have more internal storage.
  • There's absolutely no evidence of an actual "Pro" version. At least not in the sense that it would be based off of the Tegra X2 or have massive performance and/or memory improvements.

THe dream is dead . Sheeps future is still filled with sub sd lmao

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

They will need a Switch Pro as a stop gap between 2020 and 2020.  Regular Switch can't keep up within a reasonable margin to get t console games with PS5/XB2 for two years until a Switch 2....that would be suicide. 

That's not true.  That's not going to help at all.  They aren't going to make games that are only playable on the Pro version...so the whole PS5/X2 port thing is moot.  Now THAT would be suicide.

As I said in my previous post... Nintendo themselves have plenty games/franchises plus Indie games and the odd AA port to make it for the next 2-3 years.

42 minutes ago, JONBpc said:
  • Since firmware 5.0 there has been support for three hardware lines, one with the original Tegra 210 and two for the new Tegra 214 (Mariko)
  • The original Switch has 4GB of RAM and 6GB for the devkit. The new models have support for both 4GB and 8GB of RAM.
  • Both Switch Lite and "New" use LPDDR4X DRAM which grants a small battery boost due to lower voltages.
  • Switch Lite has a smaller screen and non-detachable controllers while "New" Switch should have the exact same form factor.
  • The GPU in the "New" Switch is clocked at higher values than Switch Lite, potentially giving a modest performance boost.
  • Larger than 32GB memory is possible in the "New" units. Two models have been found in the firmware (codenames "Iowa" and "Calcio") and is speculated that one will have more internal storage.
  • There's absolutely no evidence of an actual "Pro" version. At least not in the sense that it would be based off of the Tegra X2 or have massive performance and/or memory improvements.

LOL. The "new" Tegra chip is just a refresh. And that would probably be the "Pro" version.

That Tegra 214 discovery has been around since March of LAST YEAR. :tom:jonb is pretending that its a huge bombshell discovery.  Nvidia had an existing stock of Tegra X1s (from like 2015/2016), once they ran out of supply they would've had to make more, and they probably would've made them on smaller nodes because it would be more cost-effective. That would be the "new" Tegras.

4 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Lmao when you thought they would make a 1060 level dock ROFL 

I thought Microsoft would eventually make games, as well.......but I can't be perfect. LOL

But the dock was based on an actual leak that got almost everything correct about the basic Switch specs back in October 2016..

There were prototypes at Foxconn that had two GPUs in a devkit that was not meant to be handheld.

Delulu sheep thinking they could get next gen games on a beefed up Ditch when they're not even getting them this gen :hest: 

Holy shit wat a retarded faction :kaz: 

Stayed loyal to Nintentodler all these years so they could be forced to become handheld gamers :will2:

32 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I thought Microsoft would eventually make games, as well.......but I can't be perfect. LOL

But the dock was based on an actual leak that got almost everything correct about the basic Switch specs back in October 2016..

There were prototypes at Foxconn that had two GPUs in a devkit that was not meant to be handheld.

Lmao you're dumb 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

That's not true.  That's not going to help at all.  They aren't going to make games that are only playable on the Pro version...so the whole PS5/X2 port thing is moot.  Now THAT would be suicide.

As I said in my previous post... Nintendo themselves have plenty games/franchises plus Indie games and the odd AA port to make it for the next 2-3 years.

re read what I said.... Switch Pro is not getting PS5 ports.   It will get ports of cross gen games that are on PS4. 

The "Next gen" Switch 2 is at least 2 to 3 years away 

They could either do a pro then a 2 later down the line.... or skip the pro completely and do the 2 later down the line. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 hour ago, JONBpc said:

Lmfao.. slow Jonny comes in and posts old news About Switch Mini and Switch base refresh as if it's new news :rofls:

Switch 2 is not on the cards for a few more years. 

22 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

re read what I said.... Switch Pro is not getting PS5 ports.   It will get ports of cross gen games that are on PS4. 

The "Next gen" Switch 2 is at least 2 to 3 years away 

They could either do a pro then a 2 later down the line.... or skip the pro completely and do the 2 later down the line. 

Cross gen games' wont work for shit on Switch.  They're barely worth porting to begin with.  Nobody would be buying Switches for new cross-gen ports.. they would be buying them to play their already released Switch games in higher resolution.  And that would require work on Nintendo's part to patch them for only a small subset of people.

It's completely not worth it imo, and would only take away from the appeal of a better Switch 2.

I don't think Nintendo feels the need at all.  Not saying that they wont release one.. but I'm simply saying that I prefer they hold out and get a bigger impact with the Switch 2.

32 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Cross gen games' wont work for shit on Switch.  They're barely worth porting to begin with.  Nobody would be buying Switches for new cross-gen ports.. they would be buying them to play their already released Switch games in higher resolution.  And that would require work on Nintendo's part to patch them for only a small subset of people.

It's completely not worth it imo, and would only take away from the appeal of a better Switch 2.

I don't think Nintendo feels the need at all.  Not saying that they wont release one.. but I'm simply saying that I prefer they hold out and get a bigger impact with the Switch 2.

You're assuming I mean cross gen big blockbusters like Cyberpunk.  Those games won't run in Switch Pro.   But guess what, those aren't the only games coming as cross gen games. 

Im referring to cross gen engines, APIs, indie games, mid level games etc.... referring support in general.....

What also contributed to Switch's success is that it supports majority of industry standard tools, engines, APIs etc.... so yes while obviously the base Switch couldn't run games with the fidelity of a PS4.....it was still able to run it because the Switch supported those engines.   Interoperability and scalability. 

Which lead to it getting great indie support, great mid level support snd even some big AAA games that no one thought could run. (obviously not everything can run) 

Edited by Goukosan