Just in case you weren't familiar with the size of a moose and why you'd never want to fuck with them

34 minutes ago, kokujin said:

True ok. But I also think they're awkward. Like, can they really aim well with a kick?? Nah. 

They flail.. they don't have to 'aim'... they mostly use their front legs much like a deer would... and you know why that is?  Because whatever a moose is chasing is RUNNING the fuck away.

They can definitely use their hind legs though.. and the thing is, much like horses, it's not like they can just kick mostly behind them, they can kick well to the side of themselves as well.  You'd never see that shit coming.  Most animals that hunt their young would be quite quick and maneuverable... but if a single one of their kicks connects... that animal is dead.

A person... lmao.. instant skull crush.  You're fucked.

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

An African lion or cheetah would love to munch on one of those big beasts.  

I googled but could not find any Moose vs Lion encounters.

Much too big for a cheetah.  They couldn't even kill it if they tried, I doubt.  They don't have the bite power to suffocate one. (It would have to be a young calf)

Lions could, but it would take 4 or 5 to do it.

But yea.. completely different habitats lol.. no Lions are hunting moose. :D 

3 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

An African lion or cheetah would love to munch on one of those big beasts.  

I googled but could not find any Moose vs Lion encounters.

Cheetah's only benefit is their excellent level of speed; but they can only run full out for like 45 seconds before their brain overheats and they collapse and/or die. Their sprint is a limited burst for use on Gazelles and whatnot.

Even lions would reconsider (a pack would certainly help, like wolves) a bull moose, much like how Lions often fail against Water Buffalo.

And the reason you're unable to find any encounters is that it's impossible. Moose live here in North America, while the Lions are native to Africa... I mean who's going to give a Lion a visa to allow them to hunting for Moose? Or vice versa? Even the moose know that big game hunting is the domain of wealthy white men from the mid-west.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

I think a big Male lion could take down a moose pretty easily .

It would certainly try.  Wouldn't be easy though.  Would lose far more often than it would win imo.

I don't think so . They take on buffalo alone . Dont always win but sometimes they do .

Moose are top heavy like a giraffe without the neck . Itd jump on it's back and wrestle down quickly imo . Then clamp the neck and game over. 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Holy fuck.

You guys are scared of our spiders while yous have literal gigantic beasts walking the roads :dame:

Yeah, but moose ain't popping out from crevices while you're sitting on the can. :reg:

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Holy fuck.

You guys are scared of our spiders while yous have literal gigantic beasts walking the roads :dame:

LMAO!

They're usually not out on the roads like that though.  Back roads are a different story though.  You gotta watch for them because if you hit a full grown bull like that not only is your car fucked but you could very likely be dead too.  You basically just take out their legs and all their weight smashes into the windshield.

But fuck yea.  Moose are generally just peaceful beasts roaming around the countryside.  The only time you really need to worry is if they have calves.  They are very protective and territorial so you need to give them lots of room.  Generally though, they are really predictable.  Spiders?  Fuck nah... they can be anywhere and you don't know what the fuck a spider gon do.  Fuck that. :scared: 

i'd take living with these beasts over ever encountering radioactive man-sized spiders in Australia. that place sounds like hell to me lol

On 2019-07-15 at 11:29 AM, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah, but moose ain't popping out from crevices while you're sitting on the can. :reg:

On 2019-07-15 at 11:35 AM, Remij_ said:

LMAO!

They're usually not out on the roads like that though.  Back roads are a different story though.  You gotta watch for them because if you hit a full grown bull like that not only is your car fucked but you could very likely be dead too.  You basically just take out their legs and all their weight smashes into the windshield.

But fuck yea.  Moose are generally just peaceful beasts roaming around the countryside.  The only time you really need to worry is if they have calves.  They are very protective and territorial so you need to give them lots of room.  Generally though, they are really predictable.  Spiders?  Fuck nah... they can be anywhere and you don't know what the fuck a spider gon do.  Fuck that. :scared: 

True, true. I'm scared the fuck out of spiders and would have no problem substituting them with moose.