007 will be a black woman in bond 25

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess the intro song will have male strippers dancing in weird background colors 

I'm all against the forced shit but this is a literal non story. Bond retired, hence retiring the 007 codename. She is playing the new agent assigned that codename. Daniel Craig is still James Bond...

Goldeneye > Skyfall

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

So progressive you actually think this is a good thing... We're fucked. 

I actually like you guys complain this.........and Gilette Commercials..........and Brie Larson.

Because when people make fun of white people, and how they have no real problems..........and then we see you acting like the world is falling apart of casting for the Bone movie, it proves us right.

How is that joke NOT proven to be completely accurate?

I wish the biggest problem facing me was having to deal with the casting of who is going to play Bond. LOL

Just now, Alphonse said:

Looks like she will be playing an agent taking over the 007 number and task with hunting a rogue James Bond. So I got nothing against this. 

That's how it's framed but we already know where it's leading, it's an Agent Locke attempt ala Halo 5. 

I just don't get the need to change established characters' gender or race just to promote progressiveness.  They should really be trying to create new characters and new stories with people of color and other genders and build up new franchises which create their own history.

Just now, Remij_ said:

I just don't get the need to change established characters' gender or race just to promote progressiveness.  They should really be trying to create new characters and new stories with people of color and other genders and build up new franchises which create their own history.

All it's accomplishing is pissing off the people who are actually behind these franchises and fund the revenue to propagate them, it's so dumb it's hard to believe it's real. 

9 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Anyone else never been into the James Bond series? I just never really got into the series. Now GoldenEye64, that's a different thing entirely.

I always found it kinda cheesy even as a kid when my dad used to watch the films, horny me usually just joined in for the hot bond girls :laff: :aitch: 

Licence to Kill, Talisa Soto :dreamy: Bangin' song too :bate:

8 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

All it's accomplishing is pissing off the people who are actually behind these franchises and fund the revenue to propagate them, it's so dumb it's hard to believe it's real. 

Well.. all I'm really saying is that it's not 'creative' to simply swap genders or race of a character.  At that point, if I was a person of color, or a woman, I'd feel like they're just doing this shit to try to sell something to me and appear "progressive"..

I'm not though, so I don't know how they truly feel about it.. but what we need to see more of is unique characters who aren't white men.  If those same people who are in control of these franchises would just give original material based on minorities a shot, we'd see a lot more diversity, I think.

For the record, I think Idris Elba would make a fucking fantastic Bond and I'd be all for that happening.

But hey.. James Bond has had his time.. we bout that Jane Bond now.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Well.. all I'm really saying is that it's not 'creative' to simply swap genders or race of a character.  At that point, if I was a person of color, or a woman, I'd feel like they're just doing this shit to try to sell something to me and appear "progressive"..

I'm not though, so I don't know how they truly feel about it.. but what we need to see more of is unique characters who aren't white men.  If those same people who are in control of these franchises would just give original material a shot, we'd see a lot more diversity, I think.

For the record, I think Idris Elba would make a fucking fantastic Bond and I'd be all for that happening.

But hey.. James Bond has had his time.. we bout that Jane Bond now.

Oh there won't be a Jane Bond, reception will be horrible and it will financially bomb. Something better might come from it but the backlash this is already receiving is off the charts, it's going to be a cataclysmic financial loss and if it doesn't kill the franchise it will result in it needing to be rebooted ala Halo 5 > Infinite.