MS Q4 19 gaming financial results

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's hope PS5 puts MS's hardware division out of its misery.

They absolutely deserve to fail for the treasonous route they've taken, it's not even really Xbox anymore so who cares at this point?  At least they had the decency to push their fans away and no

25 minutes ago, bhytre said:

They absolutely deserve to fail for the treasonous route they've taken, it's not even really Xbox anymore so who cares at this point? 

At least they had the decency to push their fans away and not turn them into cucked handheld gamers though :tom: 

Agreed.  Turning their back on PC gaming like that all those years ago.  Xbox was an abomination.  They deserve this. :bate:

13 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Agreed.  Turning their back on PC gaming like that all those years ago.  Xbox was an abomination.  They deserve this. :bate:

PosC gaming literally didn't mean anything before Xbox LMAO.

What did MS even have for it, some old flight sims? LOL

Xbox literally fed the hermsmells, but a little too much as the years went by :hehe: 

1 minute ago, bhytre said:

PosC gaming literally didn't mean anything before Xbox LMAO.

What did MS even have for it, some old flight sims? LOL

Xbox literally fed the hermsmells, but a little too much as the years went by :hehe: 

:mjpls:

:tom5:

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Netflix just reported that their subscriber base shrinked for the first time ever, losing 130,000 subscribers in the US. They had originally predicted to grow by 5 million subscribers worldwide, but they only grew by 2.7 million.

Their downturn is coming.

Microsoft is picking a very bad time to get into the online streaming business.

Too many streaming services. This shit is gonna crash. Netflix is popular because it was the first and had everything on it, now all these studios are making their own service and it's really starting to piss me off. 

Sheesh, not the way you want to be going into the next generation. As I said previously, they may be making a lot of consumer friendly moves with GP and Play Anywhere and so on but it is having ZERO positive effect in the market. Halo Infinite will give them some buzz back and then they really better hold on to it and capitilise on that momentum 

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Sheesh, not the way you want to be going into the next generation. As I said previously, they may be making a lot of consumer friendly moves with GP and Play Anywhere and so on but it is having ZERO positive effect in the market. Halo Infinite will give them some buzz back and then they really better hold on to it and capitilise on that momentum 

they will.. there will be plenty of other opportunities though.  I hope you all remember how none of you believed me in a few years from now.  The game is gonna chance and MS is in the drivers seat.

2 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Sony will align black ops 5 against halo infinite. it's game over. ps5 will have the premier fps. halo is dead after 5

can someone explain to me what it is that keeps them from making games? spicoli always comes with the money argument and I mean he's not wrong.

just make some IPs, make them console exclusive, release the new console with it and bam back in the business. I have no idea how microshit can fuck up so bad

i mean shit, they can even failsafe copy sony in that regard just make interesting games for adult audience. I'd buy an xbox if they had a game I really want to play.

sony vs nintendo will be boring as hell because they aren't even comparable 

4 hours ago, kaz said:

can someone explain to me what it is that keeps them from making games? spicoli always comes with the money argument and I mean he's not wrong.

just make some IPs, make them console exclusive, release the new console with it and bam back in the business. I have no idea how microshit can fuck up so bad

i mean shit, they can even failsafe copy sony in that regard just make interesting games for adult audience. I'd buy an xbox if they had a game I really want to play.

sony vs nintendo will be boring as hell because they aren't even comparable 

MS is creatively bankrupt. They make their money on work applications, not entertainment. They’ve never had any clue how to make games, besides flukeing into partnerships with Bungie and Epic

MS messed the One up and was supposed to build momentum going into next gen at the very least. Where does this delusion come from that Scarlett will be some sort of reset where MS won't be paying for their abysmal 2016-2020 line up? Nevermind selling the concept of XBox exclusives down the drain. There just aren't enough "console only dudes" that will view these games as XBox exclusives as they come to PC, and the smaller games going to Switch like Cuphead and Ori is a slap in the face.

The 360 had momentum but even then it started losing it with their shit line up in the final years that helped PS4 a lot because people had faith in Sony first party.

The Scarlett isn't going to salvage shit.

Edited by Team 2019
13 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Also an almost 50 percent decline isn't just bad, it's abysmal. Imagine if PS4 went from selling 7-18 million to 8-9 million the next year. Or Switch selling sub 10 million.

There is a chance One won't top 50 million sold now by the time Scarlett comes out.

PS4 is in a decline too.   The difference is PS4 sold great all gen... so it's decline is still pushing out decent hardware sales. 

Xbox1 on the other hand has sold mediocre the entire gen.... so that 48% decline puts it waaaaay down the toilet 🚽 with shit hardware sales. 

As I told @DynamiteCop!Switch will surpass Xbox1 this fiscal year.   Switch is seeing double digit growth while Xbox fell off a cliff and is seeing double digit declines :tom5:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

PS4 is in a decline too.   The difference is PS4 sold great all gen... so it's decline is still pushing out decent hardware sales. 

Xbox1 on the other hand has sold mediocre the entire gen.... so that 48% decline puts it waaaaay down the toilet 🚽 with shit hardware sales. 

As I told @DynamiteCop!Switch will surpass Xbox1 this fiscal year.   Switch is seeing double digit growth while Xbox fell off a cliff and is seeing double digit declines :tom5:

I'm officially calling it right now.

Switch hardware has surpassed Xbox One hardware sales, worldwide.

The official sales ranking is:

1. PS4

2. Switch

3. Xbox One

:blessed:confirmed:blessed:

14 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

they will.. there will be plenty of other opportunities though.  I hope you all remember how none of you believed me in a few years from now.  The game is gonna chance and MS is in the drivers seat.

:drake: 

9 hours ago, Voidler said:

MS is creatively bankrupt. They make their money on work applications, not entertainment. They’ve never had any clue how to make games, besides flukeing into partnerships with Bungie and Epic

well okay but how hard can it be to make "sony-like" single player games? I mean not copy them 100% but take notice of how they make their games. 

I still don't get it. There has to be some people at MS with the right ideas to turn it around, not like that Phil idiot

8 minutes ago, kaz said:

well okay but how hard can it be to make "sony-like" single player games? I mean not copy them 100% but take notice of how they make their games. 

I still don't get it. There has to be some people at MS with the right ideas to turn it around, not like that Phil idiot

The biggest red flags are them buying cheap studios. Platinum Games are usually not known for being expensive to develop, since they're not even that big of a studio, and MS cancelled the game because they went over-budget.

They had online issues with Halo MCC and they couldn't fix the damn game for over 3 years.

Look at Crackdown.

These all appear to be signs of a division who has had its budget tightened within the past 3-4 years.

My guess is that Phil Spencer was given a choice, put resources in games or put resources in hardware/services, and they figured that if they put out a console and some services, that will be enough to get gamers to buy third-party multiplats.  And Sony absolutely murdered them.