MS Q4 19 gaming financial results

1 hour ago, kaz said:

well okay but how hard can it be to make "sony-like" single player games? I mean not copy them 100% but take notice of how they make their games. 

I still don't get it. There has to be some people at MS with the right ideas to turn it around, not like that Phil idiot

Those games takes years of planning and years of Development.  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's hope PS5 puts MS's hardware division out of its misery.

They absolutely deserve to fail for the treasonous route they've taken, it's not even really Xbox anymore so who cares at this point?  At least they had the decency to push their fans away and no

14 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Those games takes years of planning and years of Development.  

lol yea just like years of planning and development for crackdown 3. :laff: 

I'm saying I don't get why they don't make "real" games. Scalebound got cancelled, okay. Quantum break seemed like the only game I cared for but everything else is a complete joke.

bodycount is right with the art style direction. it's all cartoony looking shit. sea of thieves, crackdown even state of decay. not a single story driven game you could take serious. 

and i just don't get why they keep doing that because they KNOW their fanbase wants "real" games.

I mean how can you piss on your fans like that? nobody plays crackdown 3 multiplayer it legit released as a dead game. 

What i'm saying is they could make games if they want to but for some reason they keep making these half assed games that will never sell their hardware. 

it's not even funny to own lemshits now because it's like selling life insurances at a funeral

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

lol yea just like years of planning and development for crackdown 3. :laff: 

I'm saying I don't get why they don't make "real" games. Scalebound got cancelled, okay. Quantum break seemed like the only game I cared for but everything else is a complete joke.

bodycount is right with the art style direction. it's all cartoony looking shit. sea of thieves, crackdown even state of decay. not a single story driven game you could take serious. 

and i just don't get why they keep doing that because they KNOW their fanbase wants "real" games.

I mean how can you piss on your fans like that? nobody plays crackdown 3 multiplayer it legit released as a dead game. 

What i'm saying is they could make games if they want to but for some reason they keep making these half assed games that will never sell their hardware. 

it's not even funny to own lemshits now because it's like selling life insurances at a funeral

This is the reason they bought new studios.   But we won't see those games for almost 4 years.... aka Next gen. 

and even then... If it's creatively bankrupt.... it could still flop :shrug:

Wasn't Sony and Microsoft both down like 33-34% a few months back? What's to say Sony's dip isn't the same when it was just recently?

It's the end of the gen and both new systems are confirmed as backward compatible. There's little incentive to buy either.

11 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Wasn't Sony and Microsoft both down like 33-34% a few months back? What's to say Sony's dip isn't the same when it was just recently?

It's the end of the gen and both new systems are confirmed as backward compatible. There's little incentive to buy either.

1) Not all percentages are equal bro.  Xbox was already selling mediocre... the percentage drop of 48% WW is catastrophic. 

PS4 sold gangbusters last year so even with the percentage drops this year, it's raw numbers for 2019 are still good....it's currently still outpacing last gen's launch aligned numbers. 

2) The Xbox figure of a 48% is WW figure, that 33% number is US only. 

48% drop WW is several magnitudes higher than a 33% drop in the US alone. 

3) Next gen is more than a year away, that is not the sole reason for a 48% collapse in Xbox1 sales. 

It would not surprise me if there is some spikes in PS4pro consoles in late 2019, early 2020 when the remaining PS4 exclusives come out, like TLOU2 and Death Stranding.

I mean, you know they're going to make a Gun Metal Grey PS4pro for Death Stranding and people will eat that up.

5 hours ago, kaz said:

well okay but how hard can it be to make "sony-like" single player games? I mean not copy them 100% but take notice of how they make their games. 

I still don't get it. There has to be some people at MS with the right ideas to turn it around, not like that Phil idiot

Very hard lol

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

1) Not all percentages are equal bro.  Xbox was already selling mediocre... the percentage drop of 48% WW is catastrophic. 

PS4 sold gangbusters last year so even with the percentage drops this year, it's raw numbers for 2019 are still good....it's currently still outpacing last gen's launch aligned numbers. 

2) The Xbox figure of a 48% is WW figure, that 33% number is US only. 

48% drop WW is several magnitudes higher than a 33% drop in the US alone. 

3) Next gen is more than a year away, that is not the sole reason for a 48% collapse in Xbox1 sales. 

Not to mention the PS4 drops starting happening as it approached 100m in total sales. Obviously it's reaching it's market maximum. Meahwhile Xbox 1 hasn't even hit half that :D 

I really think this guy nailed it.

"Console sales don't matter anymore, the future is all about services, cloud streaming and disrupting the market"

I hear this a lot from Xbox enthusiasts recently, but I honestly don't understand why they are happy about it.

It basically means that Microsoft is shifting their attention from hardcore gamers to the mass market ("2.5 billion gamers"). But I don't care about game streaming. I don't care about $1 Game Pass. I don't care about AA GaaS titles. What I want, as a hardcore gamer, are AAA blockbuster SP games. Powerful hardware. Cutting edge stuff like VR.

Don't get me wrong, this is potentially a good business decision, that will please their shareholders. But I'm not a shareholder, I'm a hardcore gamer. So why are people acting like this is such a great move?

I don't get it either. That's like being happy Konami is having success with pachinko, but not really doing console games.

2 hours ago, Spicalicious said:

They should bring back Midtown Madness. This game even had weather effects.  Published by Microsoft for Windows.

weather effects :ooh:

1 minute ago, モンキー said:

Can you imagine we had people here defending and fanboying for the Xbox One for 4-5 years of their adult lives? :kaz:

So much of life's potential, wasted; and on what? Then you end up defending the console more vociferously than Phil does. :D 

56 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

So much of life's potential, wasted; and on what? Then you end up defending the console more vociferously than Phil does. :D 

defending one of the worst consoles of all time. :dead:

4 minutes ago, モンキー said:

defending one of the worst consoles of all time. :dead:

Fewer exclusives than the Ngage :haloben:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

Forbes: Microsoft's Xbox Revenue Is Plummeting, And Here's Why That's Fine

We knew it was coming, and now it’s here. The console industry is entering into a transition: both Sony and Microsoft have confirmed the existence of the PS5 and Xbox’s Project Scarlett, development on major AAA current-gen games is slowing down, and people are starting to look to the future where their hardware purchases are concerned. It means that current-gen hardware purchases are going to start slowing down considerably, and we can see that in Microsoft’s recent financials for the fourth quarter of the fiscal year 2019.

Microsoft saw a 10% decline in its gaming business, largely thanks to a 48% drop in hardware sales from last year. That’s a massive plunge, but I doubt it phases Satya Nadella or Phil Spencer all that much: the concept of a console generation started to change during the time of the Xbox One and PS4, but the basic framework is still intact. And that basic framework involves drumming up hype for the next generation at the expense of the current one. It’s just a tough time to get excited about buying current-generation hardware, and that large 48% figure is also likely due to the fact that last year’s hardware sales were elevated due to the peak of Fortnite fever.

So, hardware sales are down but it’s more or less to be expected. There’s one major bright spot in this data for Microsoft, however, that dovetails well with the companies plans for the entirety of Xbox going forward. While software and services declined year over year (again, blame the absence of true Fortnite fever), Microsoft noted 14% growth in active Xbox Live users as well as growth in subscription revenue. That’s good news for the company because subscriptions and online activity are central to the company’s plans going forward: over the past few years, it’s been building out its Game Pass subscription service and announced an expansion to PC at E3 this year. Not only is Game Pass becoming more and more important to the Xbox brand going forward, but it’s also assumed to be central to the company’s upcoming streaming plans. So growth there means that Redmond could be well poised to capitalize on a lot the groundwork it’s been laying since Phil Spencer took over Xbox.

8 hours ago, モンキー said:

Can you imagine we had people here defending and fanboying for the Xbox One for 4-5 years of their adult lives? :kaz:

Well, you have people who manage to support even worse things the same way, like... Street Fighter V :rofl: 

Image result for laughing gif mafia

On 2019-07-20 at 10:19 AM, bhytre said:

Well, you have people who manage to support even worse things the same way, like... Street Fighter V :rofl: 

lol bitter SF4 fanboys. :tom: