Gears 5 is pretty fucking good.. and gorgeous looking on PC

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

no way ill get 4k60 unless I turn shit waaaayyy down

Untitled.png

I'll be surprised if it's 4K/60 on X1X.  If there IS such a mode, it will likely either be reconstructed or dynamic res + lowered settings.

The game has a resolution scale so just throw it up to 4K with high settings and see what you get.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I'll be surprised if it's 4K/60 on X1X.  If there IS such a mode, it will likely either be reconstructed or dynamic res + lowered settings.

The game has a resolution scale so just throw it up to 4K with high settings and see what you get.

It is 4k 60 on xbox. Settings I don't know, but I cant tell any difference from ultra settings on Pc to whatever Xbox is.

Il try that later. I doubt anything higher than 1440p would be a locked 60 at ultra.

44 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

BC might end up being right this time

45 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

the whole game will be some gay feminist romp. nothing but women in this studio, what the hell was MS thinking?

:D

2 hours ago, Remij_ said:

Apparently there's no "modes", it's 4K 60 in everything. Rod talked about the engineers making strides within the engine that not only produce better visual results but better performance profiles as well. 

16 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Apparently there's no "modes", it's 4K 60 in everything. Rod talked about the engineers making strides within the engine that not only produce better visual results but better performance profiles as well. 

Yea I dunno.  I just don't see it.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea I dunno.  I just don't see it.

You also didn't see Red Dead Redemption 2 as being native 4K yet here we are. It's possible, I think it will be with some resolution scaling measures but it wouldn't surprise me if the drops are quite unpronounced. 

You have to remember that Gears 4 was an update for the X, Gears 5 is built around it. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You also didn't see Red Dead Redemption 2 as being native 4K yet here we are. It's possible, I think it will be with some resolution scaling measures but it wouldn't surprise me if the drops are quite unpronounced. 

You have to remember that Gears 4 was an update for the X, Gears 5 is built around it. 

That doesn't change anything.  You can look at the performance on a wide range of PCs and figure out quite quickly where the X1X falls in line... It's not special.

Just now, Remij_ said:

That doesn't change anything.  You can look at the performance on a wide range of PCs and figure out quite quickly where the X1X falls in line... It's not special.

It's special enough to have Red Dead Redemption 2 in native 4K while PC has it in 0K

:deader:

1 minute ago, JONBpc said:

As rtx cards are flying of the shelf LOL

bu bu I cannot believe teh xbox does 4k 60 

Rofl , thhbo 

Of course they are.  I bet more RTX cards sold this past month than Xbox consoles :kaz: 

Lmao no way .

Btw , I was looking for the ray tracing options in gears , where are they ? 

Rofl

2080ti cannot hit average 60 at 4k on ultra .

ScamC gaming LOL

Just now, JONBpc said:

Lmao no way .

Btw , I was looking for the ray tracing options in gears , where are they ? 

Rofl

2080ti cannot hit average 60 at 4k on ultra .

ScamC gaming LOL

They skipped ray tracing in Gears for games people will actually give a damn about :kaz: 

And yes, a 2080ti manages well over 60fps at 4K on Ultra you stupid fuck :hest: