They killed it with the new corvette

Mid engine 

3 second or under 0 to 60

500 hp

Super car looks 

Starts at under 60k

I've been kicking the idea around of a Cayman or base 991.1 Carrera for awhile now ...but this just may be the car to get 

Only thing that sucks is there is no manual option , but at least they changed it to a DC , not no tc junk 

The only other mid engine car you can get for that price iirc correctly is the Cayman.  A base , 4cyl 300 hp Cayman. 

At least that comes with a manual .

This 60k vette is gonna hang with legit supercars to probably 80 , 90mph .  Will probably handle almost as well too 

7 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It basically undermines the 2020 Supra and Ford GT in one fell swoop, the Z06 and ZR1 variants are going to be insanity. 

Corvette isn't even in the same class as a Ford GT, dumbass. Supra is just a joke; always has been.

Corvette isn't even considered a traditional super car either, GM just says the ZR1 is so they can pretend to be apart of the group. The Ford GT is a true super car and the C8 is a poser with its paltry 40hp increase over its predecessor and still clinging onto old push rod technology. Corvette is a sports car with muscle car internals.

108hp more, 165ft-lbs more and only 133lbs heavier and still gets smoked. :mj: Off the line or rolling, doesn't matter. :rofls:

my20-corvette_torchred_0132.jpg?quality= :jerkit: 

I learned the hard way with my Camaro. Spent all my money on it, the gas would kill me, and it just wasn't a car i could use year round here in canada. I was paying out the ass for something that would sit in the garage 7 months out of the year.

Unless you live in a warm climate year round... don't bother. Plus you'll have the police on your ass everyday, and you'd be suprised how scum flock to expensive things like flies on shit, you'll be a target literally everywhere you go, jealous peasants won't leave you alone either.

4 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Corvette isn't even in the same class as a Ford GT, dumbass. Supra is just a joke; always has been.

Corvette isn't even considered a traditional super car either, GM just says the ZR1 is so they can pretend to be apart of the group. The Ford GT is a true super car and the C8 is a poser with its paltry 40hp increase over its predecessor and still clinging onto old push rod technology. Corvette is a sports car with muscle car internals.

108hp more, 165ft-lbs more and only 133lbs heavier and still gets smoked. :mj: Off the line or rolling, doesn't matter. :rofls:

Yeah and the Ford is mid-engine so the weight distribution is completely different which not only helps it off the line but also in subsequent shifts, it also costs $370,000 more than the ZR1. To add to this and they even make note of it is the massive wing on the ZR1 which limits your speed, they wanted to take it off but couldn't find the tool to do it. 

There's even more to the story... 

Virginia International Raceway

Ford GT best lap (Ford Official)

2m 38.62s [Record breaking lap]

Corvette ZR1 best lap (Chevrolet Official)

2m 37.25s [Broke the Ford GT's record]

You're retarded, and Ford won't even post a Nurburgring time while the ZR1 is the 10th fastest production car around the track right behind the ACR, what does that tell you...

Edited by DynamiteCop!
On 2019-07-20 at 10:01 AM, DynamiteCop! said:

Yeah and the Ford is mid-engine so the weight distribution is completely different which not only helps it off the line but also in subsequent shifts, it also costs $370,000 more than the ZR1. To add to this and they even make note of it is the massive wing on the ZR1 which limits your speed, they wanted to take it off but couldn't find the tool to do it. 

There's even more to the story... 

Virginia International Raceway

Ford GT best lap (Ford Official)

2m 38.62s [Record breaking lap]

Corvette ZR1 best lap (Chevrolet Official)

2m 37.25s [Broke the Ford GT's record]

You're retarded, and Ford won't even post a Nurburgring time while the ZR1 is the 10th fastest production car around the track right behind the ACR, what does that tell you...

Ford doesn't care about competing with a fuckin' Corvette. It's not even in the same class. What don't you understand about that? :drake:  It's cute that you actually think a ZR1 would be able to keep up with a GT in a real time trial, though. :rofls:

Those VIR times are from diagnostic testing and C&D's Lightning Lap series, dipshit. These aren't about trying to set records, it just so happens that they did. On the other hand, GM was becoming desperate to make Corvette relevant again since the C7 sales were way down (Just like Xbox One). :mj: Ford basically laughed it off as a joke.

Edited by lynux3
3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Ford doesn't care about competing with a fuckin' Corvette. It's not even in the same class. What don't you understand about that? :drake:  It's cute that you actually think a ZR1 would be able to keep up with a GT in a real time trial, though. :rofls:

Those VIR times are from diagnostic testing and C&D's Lightning Lap series, dipshit. These aren't about trying to set records, it just so happens that they did. On the other hand, GM was becoming desperate to make Corvette relevant again since the C7 sales were way down (Just like Xbox One). :mj: Ford basically laughed it off as a joke.

Found On Road Dead - Ford.