Death Stranding likely to be on other platforms

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

doubt it will go to Xflop, but maybe PC 18 months later.

Soon sony will swoop up KojiPro so this may never pan out. Sony isn't stupid, they know Kojima is their bread and butter. they'll lock him down soon enough.

There's not a chance in hell Kojima will ever allow himself to be acquired again, also given his stance it's clear he dictated the terms surrounding this game and thus subsequent releases of it afterward. 

He could have told Sony to kick rocks but he has something they want and they know he could have gotten it elsewhere if needed so they caved.  

Edited by DynamiteCop!
32 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's not a chance in hell Kojima will ever allow himself to be acquired again, also given his stance it's clear he dictated the terms surrounding this game and thus subsequent releases of it afterward. 

He could have told Sony to kick rocks but he has something they want and they know he could have gotten it elsewhere if needed so they caved.  

Man you sure have a vivid imagination :whoa:

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Man you sure have a vivid imagination :whoa:

So does Kojima, and his ideas come at a heavy cost. 

Sony in part funds it and they gave up use of an engine, so you want to tell me who had the sack going into this arrangement?

Edited by DynamiteCop!

definitely PC:

zcURM1o.jpg

stolen from returdera.

"..The PS4 cover didn't have the "Only on PS" label because DS it's coming to PC at a later date, that's the deal signed between Kojima and Sony, the game will be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be available on PC later on (won't be available on Xbox), i don't know if it's a 6 or 12 months exclusive"

Just now, Bodycount N said:

definitely PC:

stolen from returdera.

"..The PS4 cover didn't have the "Only on PS" label because DS it's coming to PC at a later date, that's the deal signed between Kojima and Sony, the game will be a timed PS4 exclusive and will be available on PC later on (won't be available on Xbox), i don't know if it's a 6 or 12 months exclusive"

I called this shit ages ago, he had so much pull and leverage he cucked them out of not only financing it but also the use of the engine on the stipulation of a PC release.

@Remij_ RTX On?

lmao.. it's not going to be on any other console...

PS4, with a possible PS5 and PC version in the future is my guess.

I think depending on how MS' next gen Xbox console goes.. Sony really could only see them as a competitor in the PC space.  Maybe Sony in the near term will get in on more projects which release on Playstation and PC later down the line as a way to make money off both platforms and compete with MS in the PC space without harming their console business.

As for Kojima.. I think he really simply does have friends at Sony who want to help him land on his feet and become independent.  Andrew House basically set his friend up before he left Sony.  Kojima would have went with Sony regardless of how "sweet" the other prospects might have been.  Kojima knows who he's dealing with over there.  A PC version later down the line to help establish that independence does nothing to harm Sony's business and helps out their friend.

That's my take anyway.

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I called this shit ages ago, he had so much pull and leverage he cucked them out of not only financing it but also the use of the engine on the stipulation of a PC release.

@Remij_ RTX On?

Kojima is a graphics whore, so it's possible.. but I doubt it.  Unless the PC version comes alongside a PS5 version in which the game is updated for the new console w/ ray tracing.

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

3 photos. Half Life 3 by Kojima confirmed

Yeah, well at this rate Kojima would have to make the game for us to ever get it...