Sam Lake; We've tried 5 times to make Alan Wake 2 and Phil the AxeMan Spencer kept cancelling it everytime

video interview with IGN

Hopefully Sony will allow this game to flourish. You can tell now why they have such bad blood with MS and have been desperately trying to get away. Feel sorry for these guys.

Shame on you Phil Spencer. You deserve to be forcibly removed from redmond HQ and have your pension fund repurposed to go to the funding of new exclusives SP games for the poor Xbox One owners you starved to death. :D 

3 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Alan Wake 2 built from the ground up for PS5 exclusively is going to be nuts. :bow: you can tell Sam is out for Phil's blood.

You're so dumb.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/sam-lake-says-remedy-has-tried-to-make-an-alan-wake-2-several-times?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

"I haven't said this publicly but, between each project, after the first game, with a smaller crew, we created a concept for a sequel," Lake told IGN. From the way Lake discusses them, they sound like general concepts, but they eventually found their way into later games, including spinoff American Nightmare, Quantum Break, and even Control. The team tried it after the first, and again after Quantum Break. From the sounds of it, this has been a recurring inquiry for Remedy.

"Coming out of Quantum Break, we created a concept, a new concept, very different, for Alan Wake 2," Lake says. "We were looking at it, we were talking about it with potential partners. Ultimately we came to the conclusion that this doesn't feel like Alan Wake."

Sam Lake Says Remedy Has Tried To Make An Alan Wake 2 Several Times

They've all been through concepts that gradually turned into other Remedy games.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

Alan Wake was a great concept but poor design. I think a sequel could be really great. The first one was an EXCLUSIVE that made me want to buy a 360 just so I could play it. MS just doesn’t get it. 

• Upvote 1

Actually they fished it to multiple publishers and all of them turned them down. Why? Because the first one didn't make any money and the second one looked more of the same. Alan Wake 2 is a dream that will never come true unless the publisher wants to lose money just to appease a very niche group of nerds, who didn't even know what Alan Wake was (Ponies) before Remedy got the IP back. :reg:

56 minutes ago, eastside49er said:

Actually they fished it to multiple publishers and all of them turned them down. Why? Because the first one didn't make any money and the second one looked more of the same. Alan Wake 2 is a dream that will never come true unless the publisher wants to lose money just to appease a very niche group of nerds, who didn't even know what Alan Wake was (Ponies) before Remedy got the IP back. :reg:

There's actually more to this which makes these delusions even dumber. Remedy always owned the IP meaning they could have built a second game anywhere and with anyone. What happened recently is Microsoft simply gave them the publishing rights for the first game instead of more money in their final royalty payout. 

3 hours ago, Ike said:

Alan Wake was a great concept but poor design. I think a sequel could be really great. The first one was an EXCLUSIVE that made me want to buy a 360 just so I could play it. MS just doesn’t get it. 

this. I think the idea is still great. we got a few movies with the same idea that own hard but alan wake was so predictable and boring. nothing ever happens in this game and the dark creatures are stupid

and yes, I lend a xbox for alan wake and tales of vesperia. back then when even for me xbox had some value :laff:

Edited by kaz
6 hours ago, kaz said:

this. I think the idea is still great. we got a few movies with the same idea that own hard but alan wake was so predictable and boring. nothing ever happens in this game and the dark creatures are stupid

and yes, I lend a xbox for alan wake and tales of vesperia. back then when even for me xbox had some value :laff:

Xbox should have a ton of value to you considering even the base system is better than your PC :lawl:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Xbox should have a ton of value to you considering even the base system is better than your PC :lawl:

my new pc will be better than next gen consoles but not that I care about that because I play actual exclusive games on pc. I don't want to play every aaae title for the sake of it. 

In my opinion:

xbox = no games, no interest.

switch = kinda the same since a lot of games come to pc (but I guess it's still of value to me for all the usual nintendo games).

playstation = definitely get a ps5 if it has backwards compatibility to play all the ps4 games I missed (quite a few I guess 5+ at least that I can't play on pc).

exclusive titles are the important factor for consumer right after accessibility, not graphics or hardware. You guys can ride that tech dick that's fine. I do not really care.

I looked forward to this game (Wasn't this the same dev who made Max Payne?) but the flak this game got made me steer clear. 

Ergo, zero interest.

Condemned

16 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Condemned was the best

Spoiler

561271-condemned-criminal-origins-xbox-3

When MS and devs in general had pride in Xbox and its exclusives.

Condemned :duke:

20 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

This, Condemned, and Dead Rising :bow: 

this shit was the best

561271-condemned-criminal-origins-xbox-3

When MS and devs in general had pride in Xbox and its exclusives.

Bioshock should be added in there. 

• Like 1