GTA 3 on steam store is $10. GTA 4 is $20

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fucking LOL man dude pulled the game from his private game store and fired up his ancient tube tv on a friday night to prove xbox isn't totally useless. good job

I just can't do R* games.   Shitty pretentious crime drama storylines, shitty clunky gameplay and shooting mechanics, shitty point A to point B open world traversal.    

It's still better than a lot of games today.  

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's still better than a lot of games today. :shrug: 

Yep. A lot of the old games are simply amazing. 

GTA 3, Max Payne, MGS, etc. 

I watch those youtube story playthroughs now and it's more enjoyable than most movies. 

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Yep. A lot of the old games are simply amazing. 

GTA 3, Max Payne, MGS, etc. 

I watch those youtube story playthroughs now and it's more enjoyable than most movies. 

I'm probably going to boot up GTA III this weekend and check this mod out.

33 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

I just can't do R* games.

Shitty pretentious crime drama storylines, shitty clunky gameplay and shooting mechanics, shitty point A to point B open world traversal.

I'd say it's more about the world-building and what can happen in that world. Some missions are just simple point a to b, but others really aren't. 

I just did a mission in GTA 3 where I rammed an armored car off the road repeatedly and then hijacked it while chased by police cars. It's that kinda movie-style atmosphere, where anything can happen, that's enjoyable. 

I never heard anyone accuse gta storytelling as "pretentious" though. 

The shooting mechanics are awful on PC though, I'll give you that one. 

• Upvote 1

Like 5-6 years ago, the Amazon Appstore was giving away alot of "tokens", some stupid currency system you could use to buy apps.

So I bought GTA3 and Vice City through the Amazon Appstore using their own currency that they gave away. I just checked that Appstore to see my purchased games, and I also have San Andreas on there.

The fact that GTA3 can sell for $10 is the perfect sign that mobile gaming failed.

2 Billion smartphones out in the world, there is no excuse for gaming to not be successful. We can count the number of mobile games that actually made real substantial amounts of money on just one hand.

That should be a huuuuuuuuuuge warning sign if Microsoft thinks they're going to find success in turning into a streaming company hoping that the expanded universe of devices is going to help them.

4 hours ago, Bodycount N said:

I just can't do R* games.

Shitty pretentious crime drama storylines, shitty clunky gameplay and shooting mechanics, shitty point A to point B open world traversal.

that's not the point of gta. i never finished a storyline, granted i always try to and I look forward to trying again but I will end up doing fun stuff after a while then quit.

Edited by kaz
4 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

I'd say it's more about the world-building and what can happen in that world. Some missions are just simple point a to b, but others really aren't. 

I just did a mission in GTA 3 where I rammed an armored car off the road repeatedly and then hijacked it while chased by police cars. It's that kinda movie-style atmosphere, where anything can happen, that's enjoyable. 

I never heard anyone accuse gta storytelling as "pretentious" though. 

The shooting mechanics are awful on PC though, I'll give you that one. 

I played GTA 3 on ps2 but we got the PC version later. the graphics were nice and clean and it had limbs flying everywhere it was cool but the controls were extremely janky, that's true.

I still think vice city is the best I remember I kinda wasn't allowed to play/watch my brother play but he let me watch anyway and he would run around with a katana and decapitate people walking by. it looks hilarious. 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

I played GTA 3 on ps2 but we got the PC version later. the graphics were nice and clean and it had limbs flying everywhere it was cool but the controls were extremely janky, that's true.

I still think vice city is the best I remember I kinda wasn't allowed to play/watch my brother play but he let me watch anyway and he would run around with a katana and decapitate people walking by. it looks hilarious. 

GTA III and Vice City are best on Xbox.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, kaz said:

that motherfucker quoted himself because he couldn't handle a haha-smiley :D 

he was obviously trolling and hoping someone would be dumb enough to bite and debate with him about gta being better on pc than xbox.