I just got an Xbox development kit for $75

I have no idea. I'd ask on reddit and some nerd there can probably tell you. 

I'm probably the last person here who would ever start a 'collection.' 

But... I was looking at some images of PS2s and peoples collections online recently.  I'm REALLY tempted to pick up an old PS2, CRTV, and get some ps2 games. Do you know how much that would cost, Deano, and any recommendations on where to buy? You use ebay? 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

I have no idea. I'd ask on reddit and some nerd there can probably tell you. 

I'm probably the last person here who would ever start a 'collection.' 

But... I was looking at some images of PS2s and peoples collections online recently.  I'm REALLY tempted to pick up an old PS2, CRTV, and get some ps2 games. Do you know how much that would cost, Deano, and any recommendations on where to buy? You use ebay? 

Ebay is a good place to pick stuff up honestly, out of hundreds of transactions I've never had any issues with any items or purchases.

If you want some TV advice let me know your general area and I can find you an excellent TV online. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

Ebay is a good place to pick stuff up honestly, out of hundreds of transactions I've never had any issues with any items or purchases.

If you want some TV advice let me know your general area and I can find you an excellent TV online. 

Thanks. I will definitely hit you up on advice when the time comes. :happysad: 

My only real concern was that if I bought a PS2, wouldn't that be like 10+ years old and therefore likely to die? How likely are these things to crap out on people in your experience

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Thanks. I will definitely hit you up on advice when the time comes. :happysad: 

My only real concern was that if I bought a PS2, wouldn't that be like 10+ years old and therefore likely to die? How likely are these things to crap out on people in your experience

The only issue the PS2 ever had (and it didn't affect all) was disc drive problems in terms of reading but it's not that large of a concern. All of my consoles work, some are 30+ years old. 

• Thanks 1

My original PS2 has yet to encounter the DRE issue, but my Super Slim PS2 had it after just a few months. Replaced the entire laser lens assembly thing and it has been working ever since. Luckily its super easy and super cheap to repair.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

My original PS2 has yet to encounter the DRE issue, but my Super Slim PS2 had it after just a few months. Replaced the entire laser lens assembly thing and it has been working ever since. Luckily its super easy and super cheap to repair.

Back in the day, it was the EXACT opposite.

The Slim would last, while the Original would die in 3 months literally. 

1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

Yeah, that's why I got a Super Slim to preserve my original. Didn't think it would take a shit like that, lol. 

5 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, that's why I got a Super Slim to preserve my original. Didn't think it would take a shit like that, lol. 

All the while my fatboy still chugs along like a dream, also I have it hooked up with the HD Retrovision cables to a high end Toshiba Cinema series CRT and it looks nuts, arcade quality display. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

All the while my fatboy still chugs along like a dream, also I have it hooked up with the HD Retrovision cables to a high end Toshiba Cinema series CRT and it looks nuts, arcade quality display. 

Maybe it's a natural selection type thing?

As in, all the faulty fatboys died instantly, and the rest are only the strongest of the strong so they will never die? lmao. 

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

My old PS1 went through 1 lens, I had to adjust the pits on the 2nd lens because would only read some PS1 games.

adjusting the pits fixed the issue I had with my PS2 not reading movies. 

looks really cool. i know you are a huge collector, so congrats. 

btw, og xbox is still my favorite xbox. that thing could stop bullets. plus, it had the duke controller. 

i remember playing halo and pgr for 10 hours, one night, with my cousin. man, we were hooked!