Xenoblade Chronicles 2 or BOTW?

43 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

why do people like BOTW so much as opposed to Xenoblade 2

Someone sell me on BOTW and what makes it so enjoyable. 

there is something fun, unique & rewarding at the top of every peak, low of every valley, and everywhere in between 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

there is something fun, unique & rewarding at the top of every peak, low of every valley, and everywhere in between 

Can you give me any specific examples? 

I've seen so much vague and general praise for this game. 

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Can you give me any specific examples? 

I've seen so much vague and general praise for this game. 

I mean I could, but really you wouldn’t get it without playing an exploring  the world yourself. 

if you’re on the fence, create a GameFly account and get it for a month for free. 

1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

Which one would you get?

Am leaning heavily toward Xenoblade 2. Never played the first one. Just looks gorgeous graphically and the story looks cool. 

whichever one was made in London or the UK... or Europe in general :rofls:

Just now, bhytre said:

Breath of The Smelly Sheep HBFR! :tom: 

I'll 100% play it eventually. But I just noticed that virtually nobody could give me specifics on why it was so "amazing." 

Typical sheep: "BOTW was amazing and one of the best games ever made."

Me: "Ok, do you have anything more specific to say or any specific examples of moments in the game?" 

Sheep; "I don't know. You'll have to play to find out." 

Just now, SheepKilla said:

I'll 100% play it eventually. But I just noticed that virtually nobody could give me specifics on why it was so "amazing." 

Me: "Ok, do you have anything more specific to say or any specific examples of moments in the game?" 

Sheepets are salesmen not gamers, they just want you to buy a Nintendo product :tom: 

18 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

No, because it's a great game; and in the essence of explaining why we found it enjoyable is a personal experience.

Case in point, I have zero interest in JRPG's - in fact I've only ever played MGS, RE, and Killer7 from the Japanese developers the rest can.... well -->  :facep: 

That being said, when JonB says he's 40 hours into Dragon's Quest 11, and I look it up and think: "that game?" - from Japan; my interest piques. If you don't get that, then drop your colour, log out and go find a hobby like wood working, or craft beer.

As for why BotW is awesome, it has a living, breathing world that you get completely consumed into and only want to explore; you feel the need to explore the next place, take the next mission, grab the next best gear, it allows you to become all consumed and come out the otherside and this is from someone who only played a few hours in the game.

I don't have the time to get the game (or the console) at this time, but holy shit; after September I have a PS4 and the Switch on my wishlist and about 30 games to play to immerse myself into their world.

1 hour ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

No, because it's a great game; and in the essence of explaining why we found it enjoyable is a personal experience.

Case in point, I have zero interest in JRPG's - in fact I've only ever played MGS, RE, and Killer7 from the Japanese developers the rest can.... well -->  :facep: 

That being said, when JonB says he's 40 hours into Dragon's Quest 11, and I look it up and think: "that game?" - from Japan; my interest piques. If you don't get that, then drop your colour, log out and go find a hobby like wood working, or craft beer.

As for why BotW is awesome, it has a living, breathing world that you get completely consumed into and only want to explore; you feel the need to explore the next place, take the next mission, grab the next best gear, it allows you to become all consumed and come out the otherside and this is from someone who only played a few hours in the game.

I don't have the time to get the game (or the console) at this time, but holy shit; after September I have a PS4 and the Switch on my wishlist and about 30 games to play to immerse myself into their world.

In those 5 paragraphs, you never gave one specific detail about the game. 

If you ask me why I like GTA 3 (which I just recently finished again), I would tell you about missions I completed. Car rides I had. Scenarios that happened ("that guy flipped me over in his car and then the bomb exploded!!!"). 

Don't get me wrong, I'll also still play this. But when the price drops. Xenoblade looks incredible in videos and reviews. Here's hoping it lives up to my expectations. Very excited to play it.