Video game related documentaries

I think it would be neat to have a thread where we just posted documentaries of video games or companies or people in the industry.  I like to kick back and watch them from time to time.  A lot of them give me huge nostalgia for the old days.

So here's the idea.. just post a single documentary.. even if you have multiple that you would post.  Just post one at a time that you like, or think that people should see.  Then post another one later and so on.

There's tons of really well made fan documentaries on youtube about the history of video games.

The recent Digital Foundry video on Doom I, II, and III rereleasing for consoles gave me the idea to check out some documentaries on id Software.

• Like 1

Good shit so far homies.

Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin :bow: 

Naughty Dog is considered by most as the best studio in the world and the standards you need to meet to work there these days are incredible.  Very cool to see how some of these companies formed and built up their culture over time.

The Last of Us 2 is going to be another landmark game for them.  I feel pretty strongly that it's going to cement them in a league of their own. :wow2: 

38 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Good shit so far homies.

Jason Rubin and Andy Gavin :bow: 

Naughty Dog is considered by most as the best studio in the world and the standards you need to meet to work there these days are incredible.  Very cool to see how some of these companies formed and built up their culture over time.

The Last of Us 2 is going to be another landmark game for them.  I feel pretty strongly that it's going to cement them in a league of their own. :wow2: 

I hope so I don’t know how they will beat the first though

1 minute ago, Voidler said:

I hope so I don’t know how they will beat the first though

Yea.  As far as that goes, it's really hard to say.  I remember Neil talking about that.  He said "When people design games they always ask, how are we going to top this moment or that moment, and how are we going to do this or that better?" but he says that with this game they aren't thinking of trying to make another version of a moment from the first game.. but rather new moments, which make sense for the characters and the world.

I honestly believe that he wouldn't have done this game if he didn't have a good story to continue to tell with these characters.  And that's what TLOU is all about.  The characters and their journey together.

That said... just based off of twitter posts and things from the team and Neil.. it sounds like there's going to be some pretty heart wrenching stuff.  The characters will be able to show even more emotion than before... so I think it's going to be pretty impactful.

Also.. this game has been in development for a LONG time.  They seem to be taking their time with it and making sure everything is just right.