Cult Classic MetalWolf Chaos XD remastered (4K/16:9) hits STEAM

Metal Wolf Chaos XD is a modernized re-release of FromSoftware's 2004 mech shooter with upgraded visual fidelity, refined controls and gameplay, a new save system, and 4K + 16:9 support for modern displays.

FromSoftware originally released Metal Wolf Chaos in December 2004, appearing exclusively on the original Xbox and only in Japan. The game went on to become somewhat of a legend as it was hard to acquire and even harder to play outside of Japan with most fans experience of the game through YouTube videos and the occasional screenshot. Devolver Digital and FromSoftware have partnered together with developer General Arcade to modernize Metal Wolf Chaos with updates to the game including upgraded visual fidelity, refined controls and gameplay, a new save system, and 4K + 16:9 support for modern displays.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/820630/Metal_Wolf_Chaos_XD/

ss_41dafaec5ccb948240f54c7029a2794e209dd

ss_f497e2a3a01636bd1fcd8ab471566ac065dc3

ss_7712b3ade3d2017f374bb130ca2eff783a432

It looks absolutely crazy.  lmao.. I'll get it somewhere down the line. 

But be aware... the game is locked to 30fps currently because animations are tied to framerate.  Just fyi before you buy.

4 minutes ago, kaz said:

i felt rather uncomfortable for a moment because I thought diplo slipped in the xD smiley

Oh, you'll know when I feel like spamming smileys :face:

15 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Oh, you'll know when I feel like spamming smileys :face:

as long as you don't spam them like kzero does

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

it looks cool 

never heard of it before this thread

I remember looking at picking it up back in the day, me and buddy would buy it since it was over $100 at the time plus shipping to get it sent from Japan. But then we couldn't confirm if we needed a Japanese region Xbox to use it. Thus never followed through with it. But when I heard it was coming to PC and remastered and put it on my STEAM follow list.

:D This game is super, over the top ridiculous. It's got 80's action movie lines, your assistant or whoever chimes in might give you one line of pertinent dialogue out of 10, the rest is super-cheesy B-rate film lines, and then enemies you fight from soldiers to tanks and helos...

Here's the plotline... Basically how DC envisions America falling apart.

1718309595_MetalWolfChaosXD_1.thumb.jpg.8f452285a10140421473294214134ff5.jpg

13 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

:D This game is super, over the top ridiculous. It's got 80's action movie lines, your assistant or whoever chimes in might give you one line of pertinent dialogue out of 10, the rest is super-cheesy B-rate film lines, and then enemies you fight from soldiers to tanks and helos...

Here's the plotline... Basically how DC envisions America falling apart.

1718309595_MetalWolfChaosXD_1.thumb.jpg.8f452285a10140421473294214134ff5.jpg

sounds like America alright :] 

This is a name I haven't heard in a long time. I remember there was a secret demo on one of those old Xbox magazine demo discs. I thought it was coming over but it never. I don't even remember if I liked it. But I do remember the story and cutscenes being pure cheese.