What TVs are good nowadays for below $320?

Just now, SheepKilla said:

Inches are only a small part of whether it's good or not. Other things like response time, picture quality, color quality, etc. are more important. 

do you really care about that stuff when you play kirbii dreamland?

2 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Inches are only a small part of whether it's good or not. Other things like response time, picture quality, color quality, etc. are more important. 

Response time only matters if you are going to game on it.  If your are buying this TV for pure viewing entertainment you might as well chuck that off the list.  

6 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Interesting. Appears to have the exact same rating on that rting.com website GD linked, yet it costs far more. 

Far more? It's $50 less.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-43-class-led-4-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr-roku-tv/6317675.p?skuId=6317675

You can grab a S51X for $250 if you want a slightly better display, too.

Got my first real HDTV today. 

And goddamn, what an image. $280! Feel like I've been in a stone-age compared to now. 100% happy with my decision. 

Also: Anyone buying a $600 - $1,000+ TV is a fool. The quality improvement drops off massively as the cost rises. 

7 hours ago, SheepKilla said:

And goddamn, what an image. $280! Feel like I've been in a stone-age compared to now. 100% happy with my decision. 

Also: Anyone buying a $600 - $1,000+ TV is a fool. The quality improvement drops off massively as the cost rises. 

You JUST got an HDTV? :jordan3:

and lmfao at thinking the quality improvement drops off massively as the costs rises. 

Edited by Goukosan
On 2019-08-13 at 1:44 AM, SheepKilla said:

Nah, you get what you pay for. When I got my x900f last year, every cheaper tv looked washed out, in comparison. Its stock calibration was godly and it looked even more amazing with the rtings recommended settings. I bet the newer models make mine feel old af now. However, for 99% of people, I doubt they will care about the richer colors and HDR. 

Edit: congrats btw 

Edited by -GD-
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SheepKilla said:

So my tv has actually been having strange, odd problems. They are related to it basically rebooting constantly, at random moments. I've tried a bunch of things to fix it and no cigar.  

Super frustrating. 

I got a free HDMI cable off a friend and the picture and audio was going out randomly. Got a different cable and now it works. Probably a cheap cable.

22 minutes ago, Optimus Jim said:

I got a free HDMI cable off a friend and the picture and audio was going out randomly. Got a different cable and now it works. Probably a cheap cable.

Really good idea, but I don't think it's that. I'm not even using an HDMI and am streaming directly from a USB (was a ps3 before). It could possibly be that cable that's plugged into the wall outlet, though, and powering the tv. 

It shuts off randomly. it's a SUPER weird problem. I thought it was common, and when I explained it to people, they were like "wtf are you talking about?"

I'm pretty sure it might even have something to do with signals and bluetooth connections, because my remote sometimes doesn't work randomly, as if something is interfering with the signal.