Official NFL 2019 Season Thread

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take a couple days off Jimbo. 

Frank Gore, Future hall of famer and 49ers legend currently playing on the Bills passed 15,000 yards and 4th all-time. He only trails 1. Emmit Smith 2. Walter Payton 3. Barry Sanders. He’s truly a fuc

Always love watching the Cowboys get embarrassed on national tv.  

Posted Images

Thankfully the year is nearly done, so 50% of the players on the remaining months are still with the team! :killzone:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, that's happening.

Well see now @Hot Sauce, you got yourselves a QB for the next half-decade. 

Take this for what you will, but Zeke has flown back to Dallas, and La'el Collins signed a deal which freed up 5.7M in cap space...

Also because we're discussing RB's here's some Melvin Gordon news.

8 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Well see now @Hot Sauce, you got yourselves a QB for the next half-decade. 

Love it. If the structure ends up going the Wentz route the cap hit can be spread out over the next six years and he'll never break $30-million against the cap in a single year over that time. That's a pretty good bargain now for a top 10 QB, but it's positioned to be hilariously good in 2 years when players are expected to gain ground on the revenue split from the next CBA, TV deals get re-negotiated, and Mahomes sets the QB market price at $40 million/year.

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Love it. If the structure ends up going the Wentz route the cap hit can be spread out over the next six years and he'll never break $30-million against the cap in a single year over that time. That's a pretty good bargain now for a top 10 QB, but it's positioned to be hilariously good in 2 years when players are expected to gain ground on the revenue split from the next CBA, TV deals get re-negotiated, and Mahomes sets the QB market price at $40 million/year.

Exactly, I mean to think that in 2013, the cap was 122 Million, and now 6 years later it's at 188M, and then - as you've mentioned; the CBA and TV deals plus Mahomes having Brinks trucks backing up to his house like an Amazon Prime member that's a helluva deal going forward.

This AB drama is going to be sooo good as the season progresses :woody2:

Nearly $54K in fines.

Good thing that Helmet fiasco, and now endorsement can help cover the costs :killzone:

Also, when you put it like that... 

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

I want the Giants to beat them in Week 1 so that absolutely everyone starts going beserk over here in Dallas.

Bravo for Zeke for playing Jerry like a fool, he got everything he wanted.

If I were Dak, I'd tell my agent to try and negotiate hard to get a contract before the season begins. I got a feeling the offense is going to stumble, and if they do so for multiple games at the beginning of the season, Dak is going to lose his leverage.

Or Zeke makes him look good for the first few games, and then Dak can demand more-than-Wentz money.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

I want the Giants to beat them in Week 1 so that absolutely everyone starts going beserk over here in Dallas.

Bravo for Zeke for playing Jerry like a fool, he got everything he wanted.

If I were Dak, I'd tell my agent to try and negotiate hard to get a contract before the season begins. I got a feeling the offense is going to stumble, and if they do so for multiple games at the beginning of the season, Dak is going to lose his leverage.

Zeke I don't think was playing Jerry a fool, he just knows that the Running Back role is replaceable, the current CBA allows them to keep a Rookie RB for up to 7years, then your earning potential falls of a cliff.

LeSean McCoy was released, and is now playing for the Eagles for a 1.5 million and he's about to turn 31 in January; Adrian Peterson is up with Washington for a couple million and the rumours were Jay Gruden wanted him gone, but the GM outranked him and cut their younger guy...

I mean if you look at what Zeke got paid while it's a new standard for the RB, it's a pittance compared to other roles (skilled positions) and the amount of workload that is expected of your starting Running back (350-400 carries a season).

19 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

This AB drama is going to be sooo good as the season progresses :woody2:

Wait, did I say, as the season progresses? :woody:

Oh but don't worry, perhaps he'll listen to O.J. since he needs AB, as he is on his fantasy team.

Also *spoiler alert* He also drafted Andrew Luck... :| :D 

48 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I love me some defense, but holy shit that game sucked.

Trubisky is so bad. 

And you have to remember, Da Bears gave up two third round picks and a fourth round pick to move up 1 spot to draft Trubisky, when they could've gotten Mahomes or Watson without giving anything up for either. :D 

Edited by Teh_Diplomat