Microsoft has cancelled the Minecraft 'Super Duper 4k texture pack' - Another blatant E3 Lie

So a game developed by Microsoft, sold by Microsoft, and constantly supported by Microsoft because its a big moneymaker for them (still).........they have determined that its not WORTH IT for them to upgrade the game for their latest Xbox console.

And the main reason why is because they determined that since the Switch and other non-XBX versions can't take advantage of a 4K texture pack, that its simply not worth putting the effort at all?

That's, um......sobering, to say the least. The way Microsoft is practically insulting Xbox One X owners on a level that almost seems petty.

They couldn't care enough to do a texture pack on a game that doesn't even look like it requires alot of texture work. That's just bad.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So a game developed by Microsoft, sold by Microsoft, and constantly supported by Microsoft because its a big moneymaker for them (still).........they have determined that its not WORTH IT for them to upgrade the game for their latest Xbox console.

And the main reason why is because they determined that since the Switch and other non-XBX versions can't take advantage of a 4K texture pack, that its simply not worth putting the effort at all?

That's, um......sobering, to say the least. The way Microsoft is practically insulting Xbox One X owners on a level that almost seems petty.

They couldn't care enough to do a texture pack on a game that doesn't even look like it requires alot of texture work. That's just bad.

Minecraft is surprisingly demanding, I thought this was an X only thing but given it was supposed to be platform wide I guess it makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Minecraft is surprisingly demanding, I thought this was an X only thing but given it was supposed to be platform wide I guess it makes sense. 

No, it doesn't make any sense.

Its just a texture pack, it doesn't affect the playability or compatibility of the other versions of the game.

Its clear a decision by Microsoft whether or not they want to put the effort into upgrading the textures that the Xbox One X can handle.

They've done it for OTHER first-party games. So there's precedent there, and an expectation.

And they decided its not worth it.............even though its their most successful franchise.

That's embarassing. I almost feel sorry for idiotic lemmings who plunked down $500 a second time (or in the case of the really stupid ones, a THIRD time) to get treated like this.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, it doesn't make any sense.

Its just a texture pack, it doesn't affect the playability or compatibility of the other versions of the game.

Its clear a decision by Microsoft whether or not they want to put the effort into upgrading the textures that the Xbox One X can handle.

They've done it for OTHER first-party games. So there's precedent there, and an expectation.

And they decided its not worth it.............even though its their most successful franchise.

That's embarassing. I almost feel sorry for idiotic lemmings who plunked down $500 a second time (or in the case of the really stupid ones, a THIRD time) to get treated like this.

It wasn't just textures, it was shaders, lighting, a whole bunch of stuff. 

Also nobody plunked down $500 on a console for Minecraft lol. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It wasn't just textures, it was shaders, lighting, a whole bunch of stuff. 

Also nobody plunked down $500 on a console for Minecraft lol. 

That an engine modification, please don't embarrass yourself trying to make this texture pack seem like a significant development project.

I love how you tried to change the context of what I was saying. LOL  Its not that people bought a console for Minecraft, its that Microsoft doesn't even want to update the EASIEST game to update for your XBX.

Its sad that I actually put more effort into caring about the dignity of consumer purchasers of the XBX than you do. Really sad.

Just now, jehurey said:

That an engine modification, please don't embarrass yourself trying to make this texture pack seem like a significant development project.

I love how you tried to change the context of what I was saying. LOL  Its not that people bought a console for Minecraft, its that Microsoft doesn't even want to update the EASIEST game to update for your XBX.

Its sad that I actually put more effort into caring about the dignity of consumer purchasers of the XBX than you do. Really sad.

It wasn't just a texture pack, you're fucking retarded. 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It wasn't just a texture pack, you're fucking retarded. 

I love how you ran away from everything else I said.

I also like how you think tinkering with lighting and shadow is something really big.  I love how you don't want to answer that question..........you're just trying to stick to a PARTIAL, open-ended observation........responding to the question like as if you're Hillary Clinton. LOL

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I love how you ran away from everything else I said.

I also like how you think tinkering with lighting and shadow is something really big.  I love how you don't want to answer that question..........you're just trying to stick to a PARTIAL, open-ended observation........responding to the question like as if you're Hillary Clinton. LOL

Lighting and shadows are some of the most demanding aspects of rendering :cosby2:

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Lighting and shadows are some of the most demanding aspects of rendering :cosby2:

That's done by the hardware.

Altering the lighting and shadows is done by the human programmer............and that is an engine tweak.

Did you honestly think you would change the context on me, when it specifically didn't work in your last post? LOL

expect more of this in the future. Now we know why all their games look like shit, they all have to be scaled to base xbone, shit PCs, and switch.

they  straight up never had an intention of giving X a showcase title. :rofl: OMFG.

This is your future if you invest in the xbox ecosystem. Potato PC can't run it? You don't get it either. :rofl: