Need for Speed Heat(?) to be revealed on Aug. 14th @ 6AM PT.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Nah.. I played them all.  The rest have been garbage.

I hope the next Forza Horizon game has missions where there are cops which will chase you down and arrest you. :wow2: 

You don't understand, you may have played Hot Pursuit 2, but you likely didn't play the PlayStation 2 one, it's a completely different game, literally. 

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You don't understand, you may have played Hot Pursuit 2, but you likely didn't play the PlayStation 2 one, it's a completely different game, literally. 

No.  YOU don't understand.  PS2 was my main system.  I played the NFS games on PS2.

And my mind is made up.  NFS3: Hot Pursuit >>>>>> 

Just disagree and leave it at that :yeshrug:  

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

:scust: 

No NFS game has been great since the PS1 era.

No way, dude.

Hot Pursuit 2, which came very close to the PS2 launch, was absolutely fucking terrific.

It was just a "wow" showcase game. Great soundtrack, as well.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No way, dude.

Hot Pursuit 2, which came very close to the PS2 launch, was absolutely fucking terrific.

Nah.  I never felt any of them other than NSF3.  I'm not going to act like they are bad games or anything.. but I specifically remember only being excited by and having tons of fun with NFS3.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No way, dude.

Still to this day I find it to be the best Need for Speed game hands down. It's weird how he's responding to it because it's basically Need for Speed III bettered in every single way. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Still to this day I find it to be the best Need for Speed game hands down. It's weird how he's responding to it because it's basically Need for Speed III bettered in every single way. 

Because overall opinions and lasting impressions aren't necessarily built upon solely what something is.  They're built upon a number of things.  For example, the friends you play a game with at a given time can make one's opinion of a game better, and cause that person recall that game as a particularly good, despite being "worse on paper" so to speak.

That's just one example.  There's many different ways in which that's the case and a number of games which have had "improved versions" or "sequels" released in which I don't hold in nearly as high of regard, despite being superior technically.

^ Just showed that to my buddy who doesn't really game anymore and he goes:

90% alt lifestyle, 10% drift

:deadkoolaid:

Edited by Teh_Diplomat

NFS shifter focus from driving and fun to terrible story driven racing games. 

Nobody wants that,  especially with the embarrisingly poor quality of the story and acting in those games.

I did enjoy the one that launched with this gen consoles for a bit , but mainly because the graphics were good .

12 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

NFS shifter focus from driving and fun to terrible story driven racing games. 

Nobody wants that,  especially with the embarrisingly poor quality of the story and acting in those games.

I did enjoy the one that launched with this gen consoles for a bit , but mainly because the graphics were good .

Rivals? It had a solid base to build from, Hot Pursuit which came toward the end of last gen was solid.

Why don't they call it, NFS Underground Heat if it clearly looks like its a game like Underground?

Why do they introduce these NFS games with a cinematic trailer like as if its a movie? Just show an extended sequence of racing.

• 4 weeks later...

I really liked Rivals on PS4. Didn't play the next few but heard that they were :poop: 

I'm only interested in this one cause of the fictional Miami thing and that narration in the trailer with the forced hispanic accent was fucking hilarious. :D

At least they didn't use mexicans like dexter and vice city.