Just booked a trip to Seattle - what is there to do in/around the city?

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well what do you like to do and then I can springboard from there. 

kind of anything really. Short hikes or scenic nature spots, good night life locales, interesting museums, major shopping centers, etc.

Iill be going to PAX west for a day, thats all i have scheduled so far.

Edited by Twinblade
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

kind of anything really. Short hikes or scenic nature spots, good night life locales, interesting museums, major shopping centers, etc.

Alki beach is a nice place to go and it has a great nightlife on the weekends, it turns into like a small Miami beach. Pioneer Square is a great place to hit up on Friday nights, Belltown up 1st avenue on Saturdays. There's basically 30+ clubs lining 1st avenue from Pioneer to Belltown. 

If you're looking for something scenic take a trip up to Paradise near Mt. Rainier, this is what it looks like and it's about 90 minutes from Seattle. A lot of places to see and hiking trails. 

Myrtle-Creek.jpg

Are you staying in Seattle or visiting someone in the outlying area?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Alki beach is a nice place to go and it has a great nightlife on the weekends, it turns into like a small Miami beach. Pioneer Square is a great place to hit up on Friday nights, Belltown up 1st avenue on Saturdays. There's basically 30+ clubs lining 1st avenue from Pioneer to Belltown. 

If you're looking for something scenic take a trip up to Paradise near Mt. Rainier, this is what it looks like and it's about 90 minutes from Seattle. A lot of places to see and hiking trails. 

Are you staying in Seattle or visiting someone in the outlying area?

Thanks. Ill be staying in the city and relying on uber/lyft to get around so transportation might be tough. Ill check and see if there are bus tours that head up to that paradise area.

edit: This sounds good. thoughts?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g60878-d11449392-Mt_Rainier_Day_Trip_from_Seattle-Seattle_Washington.html

Edited by Twinblade
  • 3 weeks later...

I leave tomorrow morning and while there’s a lot more I wanted to check out I still had fun overall. I went up to Mount Rainier national park today and that was definitely the highlight. Pax was fun too as was the Boeing tour. The space Needle is kind of overrated, some guy I talked to recommended the Skyview observatory and that definitely trumped it when it came to scenic views. 

As for Downtown in general, it was alright. just a typical city environment but I was surprised that I didn’t run into more homeless encampments. That video that was posted here not too long ago made things seem much worse than they actually are. Based on my brief experiences LA seemed 10x worse. I felt unsafe waking some of those streets, but I didn’t get that feeling in Seattle.

Also, just a funny little thing but this gay guy who was a passenger in one of my Lyft’s recommended that I check out capital hill. I just looked it up and apparently it’s a district filled with gay clubs :ben:

Edited by Twinblade
  • Upvote 2
43 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

That video that was posted here not too long ago made things seem much worse than they actually are.

Yeah, that was cooke just so happened to be posting a "special news report" from a Sinclair-owned right-wing news station, and he followed that up by posting a "documentary report" from NRA TV.

Cooke just happens to stumble onto right-wing produced material. Guess it got debunked.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, that was cooke just so happened to be posting a "special news report" from a Sinclair-owned right-wing news station, and he followed that up by posting a "documentary report" from NRA TV.

Cooke just happens to stumble onto right-wing produced material. Guess it got debunked.

He's not a local, he's sticking to the main areas of the city, he's not venturing into the recesses. He doesn't know the outlying areas or all the cesspits the city encompasses, he's going from point A to B in Ubers. 

It's almost literally the grocery store scene from The Interview.

He sees this.

tumblr_inline_pjzocmUVGQ1qzz4ul_500.jpg

This is the reality.

image.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He's not a local, he's sticking to the main areas of the city, he's not venturing into the recesses. He doesn't know the outlying areas or all the cesspits the city encompasses, he's going from point A to B in Ubers. 

It's almost literally the grocery store scene from The Interview.

He sees this.

tumblr_inline_pjzocmUVGQ1qzz4ul_500.jpg

This is the reality.

image.jpg

Then you'll be able to prove it to us with first-hand produced material, since you know where the "recesses" are at.

Doesn't seem like there is anything worse than any other major city in either blue or red states.

Until then.......all you have is empty claims.