Sony greenlit the Quantic Dream PC ports

We always had a great relationship with Sony PlayStation. They have always been very supportive of my work and we have always been very loyal to them in return. So we had a very open talk about all this, and they allowed us to release our catalog of titles on PC,” David Cage confirmed

So Sony allowed this to happen and they appear to be allowing it for Death Stranding as well. Next-gen is going to be weird in general, conventions are being shattered.

Edited by DynamiteCop!
1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

Nothing to do with Sony, those contracts were in place before the game released :grimaceleft:

Quantic Dream owns the IPs and therefore this has nothing to do with Sony. Ownage denied. 

2 minutes ago, Ike said:

Quantic Dream owns the IPs and therefore this has nothing to do with Sony. Ownage denied. 

I believe it was more so in reference to DC's damage control over the news of Microsoft 1st party continuing to make 3rd party games after those contractual obligations were filled. It's also Goukosan chasing DC into every thread since he avoided that thread.

I love how Dynocrap thinks he can try to use certain terminologies like "Sony greenlit" and not expect that MULTIPLE people would point out how that is wrong, and completely fundamentally stupid to even insinuate.

The way he worded it is also satisfying........because it means that he is genuinely embarrassed by Phil Spencer allowing studios that they purchased to develop games on competing platform, so he was trying to insinuate the same thing with Sony.

This thread is basically an admission that he knows that Phil Spencer is cuckolding Xbox game development and becoming a third-party.

"Sony greenlit" LOL I can only imagine him saying to himself "yeah........this is definitely going to work!" :tom:

32 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I believe it was more so in reference to DC's damage control over the news of Microsoft 1st party continuing to make 3rd party games after those contractual obligations were filled. It's also Goukosan chasing DC into every thread since he avoided that thread.

Ike gets it.. he is playing along :megeman:

It's quite clear that Sony is open to allowing PC releases of games from developers who had, but no longer have, an exclusive relationship with them.

Sony knows that the odd PC release a year+ later isn't any competition to them anyway.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Similar to Journey and Flower, but the difference is these are "2nd" party games, as in, they are not developed by wholly owned first party studios. 

Bring on Bloodborne FromSoft :face: