Microsoft Flight Simulator - I said God DAMN

MS posted some new screens and video clips of MFS and someone made a trailer out of them.  Pretty hype.

Here's a few of the vids MS posted on their website:

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ARCACHON.mp4

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/A320_StrasbourgFeb.mp4?_=2

https://cdn.microsoftstudios.com/fsi/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/TimelapseCloudsInDesert.mp4?_=1

I mean FUUUCK :wow: 

Who is the developer of the slight simulators? Is it still the original developer or they create a new studio to make this new game?

It could be some of the original developers just slowly working on the project for years.

Oooh, they should have a "How long can you last in a 737 Max 8" mode.:vince:

Edited by jehurey
13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Who is the developer of the slight simulators? Is it still the original developer or they create a new studio to make this new game?

It could be some of the original developers just slowly working on the project for years.

Oooh, they should have a "How long can you last in a 737 Max 8" mode.:vince:

Not sure.  I'm guessing it's the original developers though.. because there's no indication that any other teams are doing it.  The main site only has Xbox Game Studios as the publisher.  I don't think anyone else could do it justice anyway.  MFS is on another level.

Anyway, they've been using satellite data and Machine Learning to build the world environment... and it's pretty crazy how good it looks.  Especially from up high.  I'm sure it will start to break down the lower you fly.. but still on another level from what's out there currently.  The cloud tech looks really damn good.

KittyHawk_E3_withLogo_004-1.jpg

KittyHawk_E3_withLogo_007-1.jpg

KittyHawk_E3_withLogo_002-1.jpg

I remember making post a while back about how AI and Machine Learning would not only change games, but also how developers create games.  I think it's going to have huge implications for the future when developers can literally design things like cities in this level of detail and iterate on them much like painting a picture with a brush.  The AI/ML aspect will essentially fill in all the details because it "knows what a city looks like".  And they're building repositories of all this stuff.  Look at Quixel Megascans... They're literally building photorealistic libraries of all the materials and objects they can get to.

This shit is going to become insanely powerful in the future.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I remember making post a while back about how AI and Machine Learning would not only change games, but also how developers create games.  I think it's going to have huge implications for the future when developers can literally design things like cities in this level of detail and iterate on them much like painting a picture with a brush.  The AI/ML aspect will essentially fill in all the details because it "knows what a city looks like".  And they're building repositories of all this stuff.  Look at Quixel Megascans... They're literally building photorealistic libraries of all the materials and objects they can get to.

This shit is going to become insanely powerful in the future.

How can I forgot because of that goddamn commercials featuring Common being replayed all the damn time:

I start saying "...with Microsoft A. I." like Common when it comes on tv.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

How can I forgot because of that goddamn commercials featuring Common being replayed all the damn time:

I start saying "...with Microsoft A. I." like Common when it comes on tv.

That's sick!  I've never seen that commercial before.

Man.. the tech is so cool.  It's insane what they can already do.  But it's also scary as hell in many ways.  We don't/won't know what's real and what's not in the future.

6 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

yeah Spicoli posted that trailer in the chat a few weeks back, and it was jaw-dropping.

?  The trailer was just published today.  Or do you mean the original reveal trailer?

Anyway, yea it's a beaut.

edit: NVM I see the guy has made 2 trailers and that was the 2nd one.  You probably were talking about the first one.  

Edited by Remij_
  • 1 month later...