Sony has acquired Insomniac games and the Sunset Overdrive IP

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Killzone 2 and 3 were legit. Haze wasn't first party. Resistance 3 was solid.   Insomniac Games is a solid studio, better than all studios Microsoft has acquired in the last 2 years, and Hal

Posted Images

So, just out of nowhere.........Sony has purchased a higher quality studio than anything that Microsoft has purchased in the past 3 years.

And they just casually announced a new game from that studio, even though the 5-6 studios that Microsoft has purchased, they can't even announce one game yet?

That's just embarrassing.

Massive! Sony’s been trying to get them for years and now they do when they are the best they’ve ever been. 

Ms’ best new IP for this gen now belonging to sony too is just hilarious, but no way Sony approve a sequel. 

Spiderman at 13.2m is simply incredible 

What a crazy good get for Sony.  MS should have been on them LONG ago.   You can already tell they're pushing past being a AA dev now.  After Spider-Man.. their standards have improved and they aren't going to release mediocre garbage for their big/new IPs.  Sony's going to cultivate them into a studio on the level of Naughty Dog.  They have that ability.

I'm curious about Stormlands though.  I'm assuming that's still going to release on PCVR?  Would suck for it to be cancelled after being so close.

knowing sony it will be cancelled. better get sunset while you can too, i'm betting it will be pulled off win10.

insane things happening in the industry right now. Sony's approaching untouchable status.

When remedy is announced, and they will be, alan wake comes along with them. shu was there in Finnland for a reason. Sony's checkbook is open and they're about to strongarm the industry into submission.

Only the almighty N can stop them.

Edited by Bodycount N
9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

What a crazy good get for Sony.  MS should have been on them LONG ago.   You can already tell they're pushing past being a AA dev now.  After Spider-Man.. their standards have improved and they aren't going to release mediocre garbage for their big/new IPs.  Sony's going to cultivate them into a studio on the level of Naughty Dog.  They have that ability.

I'm curious about Stormlands though.  I'm assuming that's still going to release on PCVR?  Would suck for it to be cancelled after being so close.

MS should have been on them? Why would Insomniac ever want to sell to MS :rofls: