Digital Foundry - Witcher 3 Switch Analysis + 40 minute Switch gamescom gameplay Demo

That's pretty insane, especially how they just went ahead and walked into Novigrad to try and show off how it could handle it.

Seems the most obvious concessions is that, the shadows transitioning in trees looks laggy, and they make you get off your horse to enter Novigrad, and the NPC population is lowered in Novigrad.

I just saw a video of someone testing Novigrad on Xbox One, and that main square also looks like its got a lowered NPC count compared to when I played my PC version.

Pretty impressive, all things considered.

23 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's pretty insane, especially how they just went ahead and walked into Novigrad to try and show off how it could handle it.

Seems the most obvious concessions is that, the shadows transitioning in trees looks laggy, and they make you get off your horse to enter Novigrad, and the NPC population is lowered in Novigrad.

I just saw a video of someone testing Novigrad on Xbox One, and that main square also looks like its got a lowered NPC count compared to when I played my PC version.

Pretty impressive, all things considered.

The NPC count isn't lowered... the draw distance for NPCs in Novigrad was pulled back...but the actual NPC count remains the same (according to the developer). 

They actually invited Digital Foundry to play the game, and had them take test footage. Digital Foundry is sounding quite exciting and want to test it more.

Wow, they really are quite proud of the work, they even gave them save states so that they could test out major parts of the game.

Looks like the best job Saber Interactive has ever done on any video game porting project.:blessed:

Edited by jehurey
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

you can actually tell that the lemmings are threatened by this.

behold as they increase laughing smileys by 300%. :blessed:

Nobody is threatened .

It's a massively inferior port YEARS late .

Idiot .