Final Fantasy 8 Remastered release date Trailer - Available Sept 3rd

• Remij changed the title to Final Fantasy 8 Remastered release date Trailer - Available Sept 3rd

This was the first FF I played, I clearly remember having 80 hours on my save file, made it all the way to that castle and Ultimecia.

Lost like 3 or 4 times in that final battle and never played it again :pavarotti: 

I remember it took a while to get to her with no saving spots in between, unless I missed it. 

Still don't know how the game ends :tom: 

This was probably my most hyped game of all time. I would buy every magazine that had any info about it. It was my least favourite of the three PS1 games that I played though. I never finished it either. I got as far as adel. 

Edited by SegaGod
12 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The superior Final Fantasy. 

how so? its the most hated FF for a number of reasons but its far from bad and far from "superior".

I love the game even with all its flaws like fucking up the game balance half way through the game starting with fishermans horizon. drawing vigra and fire/thunder/ice-ga spells from specific galbadian soldiers breaks the game. 

2 hours ago, bhytre said:

This was the first FF I played, I clearly remember having 80 hours on my save file, made it all the way to that castle and Ultimecia.

Lost like 3 or 4 times in that final battle and never played it again :pavarotti: 

I remember it took a while to get to her with no saving spots in between, unless I missed it. 

Still don't know how the game ends :tom: 

The ending isnt spectacular. the best story moments are before that. I'd say play it again because you probalby dont understand the whole point of the orphanage squall grew up in and what it  has to do with ultimecia.

tbh I think most people hated the game because if you play it once its confusing and it looks like a simple love story between rinoa and squall, I mean even the cover is just them hugging :scust: 

but the story is so much more and the shit ultimecia does (plus what you dont actually see but subtly mentioned) are pretty cool. 

Timber, the train hi jack operation to kill that president who turns out to be a zombie and then the broadcasting drama. love that part. 

9 minutes ago, kaz said:

how so? its the most hated FF for a number of reasons but its far from bad and far from "superior".

I love the game even with all its flaws like fucking up the game balance half way through the game starting with fishermans horizon. drawing vigra and fire/thunder/ice-ga spells from specific galbadian soldiers breaks the game. 

The ending isnt spectacular. the best story moments are before that. I'd say play it again because you probalby dont understand the whole point of the orphanage squall grew up in and what it  has to do with ultimecia.

tbh I think most people hated the game because if you play it once its confusing and it looks like a simple love story between rinoa and squall, I mean even the cover is just them hugging :scust: 

but the story is so much more and the shit ultimecia does (plus what you dont actually see but subtly mentioned) are pretty cool. 

Timber, the train hi jack operation to kill that president who turns out to be a zombie and then the broadcasting drama. love that part. 

I didn't hate the game though. Balamb Garden, the characters and music were very comfy but that last stretch in the final castle made me want to pull my hair out. If there's anything I hate about these old PS1 era JRPGs it's the distant save points, losing a 2-3 hour progress was considered normal, fuck that :tom: 

I also dropped Vagrant Story the same way when I died in one dungeon after 3 hours of progress.

But I'll probably replay this remake since it has some new gameplay options:

FFVIII remake gameplay additions.png

55 minutes ago, bhytre said:

I didn't hate the game though. Balamb Garden, the characters and music were very comfy but that last stretch in the final castle made me want to pull my hair out. If there's anything I hate about these old PS1 era JRPGs it's the distant save points, losing a 2-3 hour progress was considered normal, fuck that :tom: 

I also dropped Vagrant Story the same way when I died in one dungeon after 3 hours of progress.

But I'll probably replay this remake since it has some new gameplay options:

FFVIII remake gameplay additions.png

yea all the remasters or whatever you call them have these cheat boosts. I stick to the originals, the improved graphics quality doesn't amaze me. 

I have to say random battles can get tedious sometimes but its part of these games and in the end not so bad. Some secret locations like the underground facility with bahamut/eden have atrocious amount of rdm battles, like literally every fucking step but that is intentional. (you really should look up the secrets later, stuff like doomtrain GF are really cool).

you get a "no encounter" ability from your GF later in the game, this cheat makes the ability useless. 

as for the castle, i know what you mean. its not only the save points are so far apart you also have to fight gimmicky and/or hard bosses all the time and trying to figure out the riddles in the castle.

I was about to quit at the castle too the last time I replayed it in 2014 but I just took a break every time I had to push an extra hour just to figure out the stupid riddles and get to a savepoint. 

i was playing on my phone tho so i could save everywhere. 

Edited by kaz