Metro DLC has new RT effects

Remij I know you'll buy just for graphics , let us know how the dlc is 

The original game introduced players to beautiful graphics, enhanced with ray-traced global illumination lighting. And in this new expansion, global illumination will also be applied to area lights, point lights and emissive lights, enhancing man-made lighting and other effects, as demonstrated in the screenshot comparison below.

It's going to look glorious. :glad: 

metro-exodus-the-two-colonels-ray-tracin

metro-exodus-the-two-colonels-ray-tracin

All the lights actually cast proper light bounces... and they are DYNAMIC.   It's not just like they made some colors stronger or something.. each of those lights dynamically affects everything else close to them.

I mean just look back and forth between those pictures.  Look at the RTX Off pic and you'd think... yea that looks normal.  But if you look at the RTX On one.. you realize just how fucking WRONG the RTX Off side looks.  It's garbage in comparison lmao.  Look at the light sockets for all the colored bulbs.  In the RTX Off screen the sockets are completely dark.  There's no light hitting them, and the bulbs look completely out of place.  In the RTX On screen, the light lights up the rims of the sockets.  It looks a million times better.

In the future with more power, they will be able to take it much further and eventually everything on the screen is going to properly cast and reflect light and the game worlds will look a feel much more proper and more realistic.  More 3d as well, as a result of actually having the correct lighting and shadowing.  I said it before and I'll say it again.. all those little touches that you guys make fun about now are going to add up.. then one day you're going to look at some non RT games and you're going to be like.. How did we ever think that looked good. lol

9 minutes ago, JONBpc said:

Looks like they turned up the brightness 

lol thats what i thought too. whats so special about this shit :trash:

Edited by kaz